HOW TO COMBINE POSTAGE ON SHOPPING CART

The new shopping cart needs a prominent button to show buyers how to ask for a combined total. At the moment unless you know where to find it the buyers are left in the dark. At the moment you need to hover the mouse over the sale amount then a link appears to ask for combined total. Otherwise its invisable. My biggest question asked as a seller is how much for combined postage. I'm forever giving money back to purchasers when they overpay.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

thanks for this information however, i am still struggling to find a 'combined postage' option either at the initial shopping cart page or the checkout page.  i have hovered over every possible value on the page and still don't see a 'link' appear.  does this link still exist?  which page/screen are you seeing it on?  any further detail you can provide would be appreciated.  thank you.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

actually, just calculated the totals and it appears, the combined postage for this particular seller is calculated automatically.  eg. even though the checkout page states the full amount of postage under one item, it then states further below near subtotal that I will receive a postage discount.   so all good, not getting overcharged - well done eBay - great feature!

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

What can I do on mobile where it is not possible to hover?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Use a proper computer. Or the 'classic' site, which is the full site, not the cutdown, barely functional app version.

The mobile app does not allow combined postage. Even if the seller sends a correct invoice, the app won't allow payment.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I found the "request total" button at the top of the "go to checkout page". where the items are summarised. The button wasn't obvious at all.  No automatic calculation for me it just added them up.   Ebay needs to call the button 'request postage total" and make it bigger.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

And it isn't available to everyone. Nor, as I noted long ago, when using the app.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply