Hand made

Could anyone define "Hand made" when included in a listing description on ebay?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hand made

Thank you.

Unfortunately I think ebay is not the best place to sell them due to the postage doubling the price. May start on craft markets when the weather gets a bit better.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Hand made

If it helps, I use hand made in descriptions if I actually have to make something by hand in order to make a piece (I make jewellery). I use hand-assembled if all I'm doing is putting factory produced components together. 

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

Thanks digital*ghost

I am just a bit confused as I design and make dolls houses, however looking at my compertition handmade seems to be ok as a description when you buy factory made flatpack dolls houses from China and assemble them by gluing them together yourself.

Seems to me it is like buying and frozen meal and saying you created the meal because you reheated it in the microwave IMHO.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

Handmade is NOT a flatpack dolls house from China no matter who put it together. They are false advertising.

On another note, are you a member of the "dollhouse and miniature group" (ebay groups) because I applied to join and haven't received an answer yet.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

I also cannot see any items you have for sale

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

Perhaps describe yours as hand crafted which sounds a bit more as if it has been made entirely by hand and not just assembled.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

@annies_fancy_dress wrote:

I also cannot see any items you have for sale

Which is relevant how?

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

That how I describe my items

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Perhaps describe yours as hand crafted which sounds a bit more as if it has been made entirely by hand and not just assembled.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

No annies_fancy_dress

I have just started on ebay so I am not a member of anything. Let me know if it is any good Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Hand made

Thanks everyone.

annies_fancy_dress I only have one dolls house up for auction at the moment. The rest is handmade (sorry hand crafted) dolls house food and a couple of bought items to see how they do.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply