Has anyone transitioned from ebay to their own web site with great success? Help!

Hi all

I have dedicated the last year and 1/2 trying to turn my ebay store into a full time income.  I've gone from 700 items (swimwear) to literally over 5000 items and building but sales are going in the wrong direction.  I've tried some pretty incredable sales and I list really well known brands.  What is going on here?  I'm using social media like a fool and have everything listing on facebook, twitter, pinterest and instagram to try and drive traffic and it's the middle of summer and I'm lucky to sell anyting daily.  We can have a great day then nothing for days!  My prices are competitive and photos are good.  If you would like to give me some feedback please do.  My store is:
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Surf-Siren-Swimwear

For those who also have their own web site is that working for you and how well?

I'm a bit heartbroken about it all.  I've worked so hard.

Tess

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Has anyone transitioned from ebay to their own web site with great success? Help!

Thanks so much for that reply.  It was very helpfull. 

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Re: Has anyone transitioned from ebay to their own web site with great success? Help!

jennry-22
Community Member

Hi Tess.

I'm a newbie in this forum and just joined up as a seller of ladies fashion on ebay. I am completely new to this but what I did notice that could help is if you have a currency link at the top of your page. Apparently we can have buyers from all over the world (I'm in Australia) and I imagine your pricing is in US$ so I'd love to see the pricing in Aus$. Just a thought but I love your images and website, especially the header, gorgeous! All the best, and don't be heartbroken, keep working at it.

Jen 

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Hi Tess. Scrap that message but keep up the great work!

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

@jennry-22 wrote:

I'm a newbie in this forum................

It's not a good idea to bump threads that are as old as this one, the member is very unlikely to see your response anyway.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Oh great, another seller trying to sell in an already saturated women's fashion market.

If you want some advice, improve your listing, or you are going to fail before you even get started. At the very least, add some measurements. List any faults with the top, even if it's something as simple as a loose thread in a hem. Be prepared for people to claim not as described to get a refund after they wear it for an event and no longer have any use for it.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply