Have i been scamed???

I placed 6 seperate items on ebay for sale, all with a buy now price totalling AU$1500.00. Someone brought them, I was extatic. Then an email message came through stating the seller is in New Zealand, not Australia where I'm based. When I checked the seller ID it is for someone in the United States. The total price and different locations have me worried. I have sent off the invoice and request for payment and am now waiting for a reply. If this all falls through do I get my fees back? This is my first time ebay selling and so far I'm pretty nervous.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Have i been scamed???

hi wait and see if they pay first, if not go to the item and on the right hand side click on more actions then resolve a problem and just follow the prompts. E bay will credit you the selling fee if they do not pay but not the listing fee.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ok. Thanks for the reply.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Did you have in your listing that you post to worldwide? or just australia and new zealand. Is the ID registered in the US or is the address for the US. If you only had australia and new zealand listed as your sell to countries then you can refuse to post it to the US if you are worried. If you are posting it please make sure you used registered post so you have proof of shipment.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

As the items were of high value, you should be very wary of some common scam tactics.

Do not fall for a fake PayPal payment notification - if you receive one, verify it was a legitimate payment by logging directly into your account (not through links in emails), and also by checking the payment status on eBay. Also don't fall for the "money is being held with an escrow service and will be released once you post the item" trick.

Cease all communication with the buyer if they ask you to post to an odd location - especially Nigeria - or say something/anything about being on an oil rig.

If you receive a legitimate payment for the items, send it via a fully trackable and insured service, with delivery confirmation.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you all for the replies. I have not received any further emails/ notifications as yet. If I do I will post here as to the outcome.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Were they listed on this account?

There is nothing showing as a completed listing and you only have one pair of shoes listed now.

I am a bit confused...the notification does not show your ID as the seller or that the sale was made in Australia?  All sounds a bit strange to me.  I hope you have not clicked on any links in any emails.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

No I haven't. Ebay came back saying it was an unauthorized purchase through someone else's account. Which means I have to relist the items. Plus, as I'm new I have a limit as to how much I can list and it says I'm at my limit now, even though I am just relisting what I had up before.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

You would have been better off listing for 7 days instead of 5 days.  It would take you a lot closer to the end of the month when your limits would reset.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

You have 'Cash on Delivery' listed as a payment method - do you realise that this is an expensive Australia Post service? You send the item to the buyer then they have to pay for it at a post office when they collect it. Australia Post charges a fee for this then sends you the payment.  People often confuse it with 'Cash on Pick Up' but it's NOT the same thing at all.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply