Haven't recieved payment

Hello i sold my first ever item on ebay today but i don't know what im doing and i don't know if it was a scammer or a real person

I haven't recieved payment and it has been over 24hrs.

Is there something i need to do?

Paypal isn't showing any payments not even payments on hold.

Any help is appreciated, thankyou.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Haven't recieved payment

This link will help you on ways to deal with non payers.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-items.html
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

Did you look at the ebay advice for new sellers before you started? Had you done so you would have seen that ebay give buyers  4 days to make payment before a seller can even open an unpaid item dispute and then they get another 4 days before the seller can close the dispute, get a fee refund and relist the item.

Not everyone is at their computers 24/7 and if they are shopping for a few things and collecting them in their basket they may be intending paying for them all at once.

Just chill out and wait until the end of the 4th day (to the second) when you will be able to open a non payment dispute if you have still not received payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

I have just looked at what you have sold. You may very well have attracted scam buyers, they target low feedback sellers who are sending high priced items.  Be very careful about any emails you get which look as if they come from Paypal, most importantly do not click on any links.  Only send out the goods once you see the entire payment in Paypal having logged into your account direct.

I hope you are sending them by fully tracked and insured mail or courier.

I have been selling on ebay for over 15 years and |I would be cagey about listing high priced, scam prone items like yours, the only way I will sell that type of thing is on Gumtree where they are turning up with cash and taking the goods away with them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

Is the buyer in Australia? If they are a scammer, usually they will send a message asking for your PayPal email address. DO NOT give it to them as they don't need it. They can pay via PayPal through checkout. They may also ask you to post it to a different address, possibly their cousin in Nigeria. Sometimes they will say they have paid and demand you send the it. They may also say they've sent a part payment and will send the remainder on arrival.

How did the sale go from the 13th? Any problems with that one? Don't fall for any tricks. It should go, buyer wins item, buyer pays for item, seller sends item, buyer receives item. Any variations on that should be treated with suspicion.

If you are at all concerned about anything, pop back in here and ask the advice from the many experienced members.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

last time i tried to sell it i got a personal email asking for my paypal address. But i didn't answer and called up ebay and let them know

However this time i didn't recieve any emails 

i don't know what to do and it's making me woried 😕

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

Have a cup of coffee and sit back and wait. There is no need to worry. If and when something happens such as you get a message, or payment, or anything else and you are still confused then come back and get more advice.

At the moment there is nothing you can do so relax - it is ok.

Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

nothing unusual not getting the payment quicly as we would all love.

next day, 2 days later 3 days later common.

no payment until an unpaid item case is open, not common but does occur.

no payment ever pretty uncommon but yes it does happen,

as long as you have your selling blocks in place and set you non payment case to auto you should have few problems.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

A buyer has upto 4 days to pay and if they don't pay by then,you can open an unpaid item case.

But I can see that it is your 2nd item you have sold and not your first.?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Haven't recieved payment

Same item, I believe.   The sale fell though

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply