Haven't sold anything for a while and will never again...

bloff667
Community Member

Yes well,after selling an Item for the first time in a long time,boy did I get a shock!

Here's why.

My Item sold for $380 including postage of $30.00.No probs.

Then I check my fees to be paid to Ebay and its about $34.00.

My $350 turns to $316.

Then I check Paypal for the dosh.

They have slugged me $10.00 for the transaction and wont let me access the funds for 14 days?

Apparently because I haven't sold anything for a while and I may screw over the buyer.Even with a %100 rating.

**bleep**?

So yeah I'm $44 down for the privilege.

Like I said,

Never again.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have sold in the past you must have been aware of the ebay and paypal fees?

Why are you suddenly getting all upset now?

As for the hold on your funds.....there are ways around that if you read the various threads on the boards.  As soon as the item is shown as delivered and/or the buyer leaves feedback, ring paypal and ask for the funds to be released.  If they don't do so tell them you wil contact the FOS.  If that does not change their minds then do so.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Could you please tell me where you could have sold your item for such a high price where the buyer could pay using a credit card if they could not afford the cash? Do you know of anywhere you could have sold any cheaper other than a local buyer base? Do you know anywhere else on-line where you could list your item with a reasonable expectation of it selling, there are plenty of other auction sites that have a lot of sellers but what they dont have is buyers.  Many a seller with a B&M store would be over the moon if their only overhead for transaction costs was just 11.5%.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

So do you guys work for Ebay or something?

Look like I said I haven't sold anything for a while and dont read the fine print and

was a bit shocked by the price of the fees.

I was thinking it was about 3% for some reason.

Maybe many moons ago.

Really thats more like a fair fee.Oh and then the charges from Paypal who also think they can just hold my money.

I also gotta ring them to get it earlier?

Give me a break.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I also notice PJ you havent sold or bought anything for more than a year.

Why is that?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Oh and with over 20,000 posts between you 2.

You must work here.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@bloff667 wrote:

Oh and with over 20,000 posts between you 2.

You must work here.

Yes, it often seems like a very hard job to answer some questions on these boards but none of us ever get paid for doing so.

As for PJ not buying or selling for over a year....it has been a lot longer than a year since there was any activity on this posting ID.  PJ just happened to like the feedback number and decided not to use the account for anything but posting on the boards.  She has several other trading accounts which are quite active.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah ok.

Anyway I have vented which really has got me and will get me nowhere.

I'm done.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I see you have been a member since 2005.

I only joined in 2008, but selling fees were around 10% then. You definitely haven't sold for a long time.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply