Haven't used all listings but getting "Request Higher Selling Limits"

Hi!

I have a store subscription that allows me 200 listings per month. I have currently 64 active, and when I try to add another listing, I am getting the message "Request higher selling limit".

I have tried to find out why through the help section, but can't work it out.

I have had my store for a month.

Does it have something to do with how many you have listed as a total, included those you have ended or cancelled?

Thanks for reading,

Judi ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

New sellers will have some listing limits applied, which are related to both quantity and sale value and applied before any other listing allocations, eg on this ID I'm allowed 150 listings per month, or total sale value of $11500, whichever comes first, and if I open a store those limits would still be enforced, even if I opened an anchor store (which provides unlimited free buy it now listings).

The limits are periodically reviewed and sometimes raised based on sales history, buyer ratings etc and I think you can request higher limits once per month, sometimes they say yes, sometimes it's pretty much 'try again next month'.
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You should be able to see what your listing limit is in Selling Manager (or Selling Manager Pro if you've subscribed). If not, it will be part way down your All Selling page.

On my newest account, I had a limit of 30 per month. Once I'd listed 22, each listing after that would say "you can only list X more this month". Once I'd listed item number 30, it would say I'd reached my limit. I have no idea what it would have said if I'd tried to list another item as I felt it pointless trying.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

How overall account limits work

You have a limit on sold items, gross merchandise volume and active items for sale. If an item sells, it counts toward the limit, but if a listing ends without any sold items, it no longer counts toward the limit.

You may be able to request a higher account limit by confirming your information, linking your new account to an established account, or contacting us. When you reach a selling limit, we give you the option to request an increase to the amount you can list. We may also evaluate your selling activity on a monthly basis and grant a new limit on your account if you qualify.

Important: If you exceed the maximum amount you can list in a month, reduce the number of active listings you have on eBay to bring the number within your limit. We may end any listings that place you over your current limit. Good 'Til Cancelled listings count towards your selling limits, and won't renew automatically if you've reached the maximum amount that you can list.

To learn more about opportunities to examine your selling practices and focus on improving seller performance, review our seller performance standards.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply