Feedback

HI everyone. I have been a member of ebay since 2010. I opened this account last month as i wanted a business account. I have sold over 30 items and they were all shipped same day or next business day as per listings. Once buyer purchased and paid for the item i left feedback. My problem is that i can't seem to get any in return. I have now stopped giving it first as im thinking the buyer has there feedback so they don't have to give me feedback to get theirs. How do i fix this. Obvioulsy ebay is going to be raising my limits etc based on feedback so at this stage it is really important for me to receive it. Should i contact the buyers to find out if they are unhappy with their items. I know they have received them as i only post with tracking. I just don't want to sound pushy and turn them off from potentially being a return customer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Deb ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Feedback

Feedback is voluntary.

Do not ask for it, or make contact with the intention to solicit it. It will come in time. There really is no rhyme nor reason for how, when or why people leave feedback. They just do it when they want to.

You already know if they are unhappy with their purchase, cos my guess is, if they weren't they would have contacted you.

I remember one seller of DVD's had a lot of feedback based on the actual movie - the feedback were largely movie reviews, rather than product rweviews, so if they didn't like the movie they gave the seller a negative and wrote their comment based on the actual movie!

If you want to increase your selling limits, you could think about combining patience with trying a few things.

1) Call eBay, and draw their attention to your existing account, presuming it is in good standing and has a good track record, they may "connect' the reputation of the two accounts and allow you higher selling limits on your new account. (They did with mine).

2) Have you put a credit card on file? I think this helps to raise selling limits.

3) If your other account is already established and has good feedback and higher limits, why not consider making that your store, if you are in a hurry?

4) create another selling account. whilst this means your feedback gets spread around and doesn't reflect your true expertise (a down side) each account does allow you to list up to 40 free items a month

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Feedback

tstore
Community Member
Probably because the majority of your listings are preorders and they have not been shipped yet. I wouldn't email customers asking them if they are unhappy - might just backfire. Let feedback come organically, perhaps ship with a thank you note requesting feedback
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

Hi im not talking about pre orders im just talking about dvds that were purchased and shipped same day. I understand with a pre-order that feedback would not be received till the item arrived.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

Feedback is voluntary.

Do not ask for it, or make contact with the intention to solicit it. It will come in time. There really is no rhyme nor reason for how, when or why people leave feedback. They just do it when they want to.

You already know if they are unhappy with their purchase, cos my guess is, if they weren't they would have contacted you.

I remember one seller of DVD's had a lot of feedback based on the actual movie - the feedback were largely movie reviews, rather than product rweviews, so if they didn't like the movie they gave the seller a negative and wrote their comment based on the actual movie!

If you want to increase your selling limits, you could think about combining patience with trying a few things.

1) Call eBay, and draw their attention to your existing account, presuming it is in good standing and has a good track record, they may "connect' the reputation of the two accounts and allow you higher selling limits on your new account. (They did with mine).

2) Have you put a credit card on file? I think this helps to raise selling limits.

3) If your other account is already established and has good feedback and higher limits, why not consider making that your store, if you are in a hurry?

4) create another selling account. whilst this means your feedback gets spread around and doesn't reflect your true expertise (a down side) each account does allow you to list up to 40 free items a month

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

Thank heaps for that

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

Hi. I was trying to contact eBay about my feedback, but kept getting redirected to 'their' offered topics. I wanted to know why when I make two or more purchases/transactions from a seller at the (or around) same time, why is it that when they leave positive feedback for each item, eBay only puts up one star?? can anyone offer a reason for this, or if they experience the same. Thanks

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

@lounge1lizard wrote:

Hi. I was trying to contact eBay about my feedback, but kept getting redirected to 'their' offered topics. I wanted to know why when I make two or more purchases/transactions from a seller at the (or around) same time, why is it that when they leave positive feedback for each item, eBay only puts up one star?? can anyone offer a reason for this, or if they experience the same. Thanks

It is to help prevent feedback manipulation, in a nutshell, so that one member can't suddenly boost another member's apparent score with multiple feedback points and comments.

Feedback from or for the same member in the same week will only ever provide 1 actual point, no matter how much FB is left. eBay's week is from Monday to Sunday, as far as I know, so the duration is fixed in that way (eg I have purchased items from a seller on a Sunday, purchased more on a Monday so at the start of the new week, and received 2 FB points for all the comments that were left, but if I had purchased some on a Monday, and more on say Thursday, the FB would only increase by 1 because it's in the same week). 

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

Unfortunately there are buyers who are just lazy and/or intellectually challenged.  I prefer the later.

I certainly don't agree with the stupidity of the feedback system.  As many have said in this forum, eBay favors the buyer.  So true.

I for one would like to see a simple extension to the feedback system.  As a seller, I consider the transaction complete when a buyer has paid.  So I leave feedback.  The buyer benefits from this straight away, I don't.  I would like to see the feedback I leave enter a pending state.  It doesn't appear on their feedback stack until they leave feedback for the specific transaction.  Whether they leave good or bad is irrelevant to this simple concept.

Having said that though, it still won't matter to eBay, so long as buyers are buying.  Buyers only need a handful of feedback.

The feedback system is just pointless.  Seriously, when was the last time you offered, or received feedback from your local supermarket? or fast food chain? or clothing chain? or petrol station? or or or .................

It's a crazy old system rating system ... totally out of tune with modern practices.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

We have found that sending a polite message, such as the following, to the Buyer will result in Feedback being left for us. 

. And you will also know that your item(s) has/have been received!

" - Just wondering if you have received your ..... and all is OK, as they were posted on .......

- We would be very grateful if you could let us know if they have not arrived and/or they do not

meet your expectations to enable us to address the issue(s) immediately.

And, if you have received them safely and all is OK, we would also be very grateful if you could

let us know so we can go ahead and leave Feedback for you."

Our Feedback increased by 99.9%.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

I totally agree with your comments and the 'pending state' would be an interesting way to go and assess buyer behaviour. Its so frustrating as a seller, I have less than 50% of buyers who have left feedback all up which is a pretty sad reflection.
Message 10 of 20
Latest reply