Feedback

HI everyone. I have been a member of ebay since 2010. I opened this account last month as i wanted a business account. I have sold over 30 items and they were all shipped same day or next business day as per listings. Once buyer purchased and paid for the item i left feedback. My problem is that i can't seem to get any in return. I have now stopped giving it first as im thinking the buyer has there feedback so they don't have to give me feedback to get theirs. How do i fix this. Obvioulsy ebay is going to be raising my limits etc based on feedback so at this stage it is really important for me to receive it. Should i contact the buyers to find out if they are unhappy with their items. I know they have received them as i only post with tracking. I just don't want to sound pushy and turn them off from potentially being a return customer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Deb ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Feedback

I totally doubt that fetzerveeble really cares after over 2 years.

I get less than 50% feedback, but I'm not that worried. I sell for money, not (hopefully) green dots.

I also provide some, hopefully, useful information to other members. I certainly wouldn't make my first post after 8 years board membership resurrecting a zombie thread.

But that's just me.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

i also tried boosting my own feedback in the past by contacting buyers after a set amount of time and reminding them that they bought something from me, that i hope all was pleasant with the transaction and if they could spare a couple of seconds, to leave feedback.

i found that after sending 50-100 messages, i'd only get 1 or 2 more people leaving feedback.

after realising that - i now leave it until close to the 90 day limit and then send a message saying that some time ago, they purchased from us and we'd appreciate it if feedback was left as it can only be done for 90 days and if it isn't, that chance is lost forever. i also explain the value of feedback for increasing both buyers and sellers feedback score and i've found it's been a lot more successful. 

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

@lm-entertainment wrote:

i also tried boosting my own feedback in the past by contacting buyers after a set amount of time and reminding them that they bought something from me, that i hope all was pleasant with the transaction and if they could spare a couple of seconds, to leave feedback.

i found that after sending 50-100 messages, i'd only get 1 or 2 more people leaving feedback.

after realising that - i now leave it until close to the 90 day limit and then send a message saying that some time ago, they purchased from us and we'd appreciate it if feedback was left as it can only be done for 90 days and if it isn't, that chance is lost forever. i also explain the value of feedback for increasing both buyers and sellers feedback score and i've found it's been a lot more successful. 

Pretty pointless, given that feedback can only be left for 60 days.

And this is still a zombie thread and it is unlikely any of the posters from over 2 years ago really care now.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

apologies - didn't realise it was a zombie thread. also, didn't know it had changed from 90 to 60.. obviously happened a long time ago. 

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

At least 9 years. It's been 60 days since I joined.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

@lm-entertainment wrote:

In the immortal words of the great poet and wise philosopher......Pauline Hansen.............Please explain !!!!!. . What is the value of buyer feedback ????.......

Sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers, so regardless of how late they pay ( if at all ) or whether they abuse the returns policies to engage in online shoplifting or if the buyer habitually leaves great strings of negative feedbacks for sellers, just because they can and its fun  etc. the buyer will ALWAYS have perfect 100% positive feedback with positive comments. ................What possible benefit is there in that for anyone.     ????

Buyers hit the BIN button and buy before a seller has a chance to look at the buyers feedback, so what is the point     ????   Its too late looking at 100% perfect feedback after they have purchased from you.

As for sellers, I suppose a feedback score in the thousands may help convince a cautious buyer that the seller should know what they are doing, but really, after a couple of hundred feedbacks, any seller should really be able to sell anything to anyone without buyer resistance.

As you have probably gathered, I havnt got a lot of time for the feedback system, particularly in relation to buyers

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

i agree that buyer feedback is an absolute crock. though, feeding them the rubbish that the feedback score is valuable sometimes helps in getting them to leave feedback. i'm sure that a buyer probably would rather have a feedback score of 10 than 0 or 1. i guess it's more beneficial to new users?

and as for the 90 days for feedback dave - appears it was more than 10 years ago. i like to keep up with current trends ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

I'm afraid it is your imagination that you get feedback when contacting buyers nearer to 90 days.

They can only leave feedback for 60 days or maybe a couple more days if they leave it through ebay.com, the US site.

Any seller who asks for feedback at any stage is asking for trouble.  Feedback is voluntary and if you irritate buyers you may receive feedback that you don't like.

Also, many buyers decide not to leave feedback for a reason.  They may be marginally unhappy with a transaction.....not enough to leave negative but not positive either.  If you ask for feedback you may just annoy them enough to get that negative that they were refraining from giving you.

Many years ago I bought from a seller in an area where I expected the delivery to take 4-6 days.   The day after it was posted the seller messaged me and asked for feedback.  I replied that I would leave it as soon as the item arrived.   He kept asking every day and by the time the item arrived I was mad enough to leave less than complimentary feedback although I stopped short of a negative.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

I agree that it's a bad move asking for feedback. I've seen on quite a few seller's feedback page "here's the feedback you so desperately wanted", preceeded by a shiny red dot. Be careful what you wish for. Even on my yellow feedback star account, I couldn't care less if I got any more feedback or not. I sell for money, not coloured dots.

I do wonder what the desperados want to do with their coloured dots on a screen, especially the buyers that send repeated messages demanding them. Do they think they can take them out for dinner? Maybe a movie? A South Pacific cruise? Do they sit around at a dinner party showing their guests what a fantabuous buyer they are? Do these people buy something from K-Mart and start a picket out the front demanind feedback?

I'd be happy if the whole feedback thing was abolished. I'm sick of having to come up with different syrupy ways to tell people a buyer paid for the item they bought. So you paid for an item you bought, woopdedoo.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Feedback

As a fairly prolific buyer I have given up on the syrup....my sellers get one of 4 or 5 feedback and 5 stars all the way on most transactions.

Occasionally a transaction deserves a lower star but not too often.

My problem is what to do when one transaction is outstanding....I have already been giving top feedback, so how do you say this transaction was better than best.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply