Having issues with buyers not sending you a "request total" for multiple buy it now sales?

& Sick and tired of sending buyers a partial refund for a postage discount?

Apart from not seeing the request total in your cart on an iphone, you can't see the item number as well..

Never fear, apparently it's an ebay app issue, and said it should be sorted out in a few days.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Having issues with buyers not sending you a "request total" for multiple buy it now sales?

Perhaps put in your listings for buyers to use checkout from the cart if buying multiples if you haven't already.

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

At first I thought it was because I was on a manage payment carp, but it is now lifted.

Once I discovered a buyer was able to send me a request total I revised my description from then on to add to your cart and  request total, but so many other previous listings to edit.

Now I discovered the issue is still there and it isn't exactly a buyer problem, it's an app issue, people are on smartphones mostly, unless they know to use the website - PC 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I had this issue as well and after some difficult research I came to the conclusion that request total only works you don’t require immediate payment. Not sure if this applies to everyone but seems to be true for me. I considered turning immediate payment off permanently but I think that’s like opening Pandora’s box. lol

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Basically, I gave up on this one. There are so many ifs and buts: the app and also how both the buyer's and my systems are set up. There are too many buyers who try to get a combined invoice but it just doesn't happen. Now, I do one of two things. If the buyer contacts me about this, we negotiate a deal involving item prices and postage.  Otherwise, I just refund the excess postage less ebay fees.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@rookieyear1984 wrote:

I had this issue as well and after some difficult research I came to the conclusion that request total only works you don’t require immediate payment. Not sure if this applies to everyone but seems to be true for me. I considered turning immediate payment off permanently but I think that’s like opening Pandora’s box. lol

Why would turning it off or the box unchecked  be a problem?

Mines unchecked & I've lost sales because some buyers are still guided to pay immediately when they want a combined deal, obviously they're on their iphone faulty "app"

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@padraicpaul91 wrote:

Basically, I gave up on this one. There are so many ifs and buts: the app and also how both the buyer's and my systems are set up. There are too many buyers who try to get a combined invoice but it just doesn't happen. Now, I do one of two things. If the buyer contacts me about this, we negotiate a deal involving item prices and postage.  Otherwise, I just refund the excess postage less ebay fees.

It does happen to me but very rare, some buyers are able to send me a request total they used their PC/lappy

Where they can see "request total"

If this issue has been ongoing, hasn't anybody else tried to contact ebay to let them know?

The fellow on the other end of the phone was very understanding and realises how much an issue it can cause.

After explaining to him the time wasting msn buyers, following through with partial refunds & the loss of sales.

It doesn't make ebay look good imo, not keeping up with the times with smartphones 

I'll check on my iphone daily to see if their techos actually fixes the app issue

Hope they do. 

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

eBay have known about it since they developed the app. Many years ago. The fellow on the other end of the phone gave you the answer you wanted to hear, so you would get off the phone.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Afraid so

He was simply reading from the script on the subject

Hence why it is ongoing for so long

Everyone who contacts the CS staff about it are given the same script and same line about the techs being told about it 

Rarely are messages ever actually passed on to techs 

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

That's poor form by ebay then, so unprofessional

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply