Having to reconfirm my identity on eBay every twenty minutes...frustrating!

Is there a way that I can set my computer up so I don't have to reconfirm my identity with eBay every few listings?  I have been listing between 20 and 30 new items per day consistently over the last week or so, and after every 5 or 6 listings I have to reconfirm my identity.  I'm using the same computer every time. 

To confirm my identity I have to wait for a four-digit code to be sent via SMS to me, and sometimes this message can take up to 10 minutes to come through, so my eBay is sitting stagnant for this time while I wait for it!

Does anyone else have this issue?  I'm not sure if my internet connection is on a random IP address or anything, I'm not geeky enough to understand what all that means, but that's the sort of stuff that is coming up in Google searches.

Cheers!

amxsuperstores

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Having to reconfirm my identity on eBay every twenty minutes...frustrating!

Even though I probably look insane for replying to my own thread, but I managed to get an answer from eBay.  Thought I'd post it here in case anyone having the same issue finds this thread.

My computer kept asking me to reconfirm identity as we access our eBay account through two different computers, and also are logged in on two separate phones (one Apple, one Android).  This was causing an IP madness, prompting eBay to constantly say I was logging in from a new computer, even though all the new listings are only made through one computer.

I messaged eBay Live Chat and conversed with a lovely assistant named Rachel, she got me to log in from each computer and phone and she manually added the IP addresses to a list.  Since then, no issues, haven't needed to confirm identity at all!

Thanks for that, eBay Live Chat.  I'll be using you more often!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Even though I probably look insane for replying to my own thread, but I managed to get an answer from eBay.  Thought I'd post it here in case anyone having the same issue finds this thread.

My computer kept asking me to reconfirm identity as we access our eBay account through two different computers, and also are logged in on two separate phones (one Apple, one Android).  This was causing an IP madness, prompting eBay to constantly say I was logging in from a new computer, even though all the new listings are only made through one computer.

I messaged eBay Live Chat and conversed with a lovely assistant named Rachel, she got me to log in from each computer and phone and she manually added the IP addresses to a list.  Since then, no issues, haven't needed to confirm identity at all!

Thanks for that, eBay Live Chat.  I'll be using you more often!

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Hmmm! I find this one interesting.

We are normally logged in to two ebay accounts (stores) across two computers (using a different browser for each account) and also on two Android devices we have as well using the ebay app.

Maybe not as active in terms of listings as it seems you are, but we are never asked for the SMS code.

Occasionally we will get another login prompt but since the browser saves the PW then all we need to do is click OK, so it hasn't been a real bother.

Ours all goes thru the same router/modem as well, so maybe they see it at their end as the same IP address. Not 100% certain how these things work either.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply