Heads up. New postage with tracking scam.

G’day folks. 

New scam emerging……. 

As we all know, eBay sellers only require the delivery of an item’s tracking to say ‘delivered’ and that’s about where their responsibilities lie…. Fair enough, but we often see the boards filled with buyers claiming they didn’t get their item. 

Now, some couriers & postal delivery drivers will leave the item in a safe spot and take a photo to cover their butt, when scanning the item as delivered. 
All well and good…… BUT…… the new scam is that now, they are taking the picture of the item, then taking the item!  (Probably not a new scam, but I only heard about it recently, when a friends home security captured it all…. in Victoria)  

This all falls back to the delivery service used, but oh my…. How damn frustrating!! 😖😖

And what of those folk who don’t have security cameras to catch these postal delivery thieves!?!? 

It’s always something……. Less and less integrity these days. 😡

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Not really new, but certainly worrying. I have been reading negative reviews of postal services where the reviewer claimed what you said for quite a while (now and then, and for all couriers)...

Personally, I am always worried near Christmas because AusPost for example has casuals who don't really care, so they can very well do that and then claim it must have been a neighbour.

I remember that I often stated that the courier could take a photo and run away when they first introduced photos as proof. Photos are only valid with honest couriers, so if you cannot find your item you have an idea, but not with thieves of course.

Once something strange happened to me, although it was more incompetence than theft I think.

I was waiting for a parcel from Germany with signature on delivery and the newbie thought it meant his signature (not mine) and on top of that left the parcel in front of my door (not even behind the screen door) in an apartment building, and of course the parcel disappeared. I was fully compensated, but the item was a bargain, and I was only compensated for what I had paid of course, not for its average price, so it was very annoying. At that time there were people in the building who had done weird things to others and were then kicked out. I think they stole it, but I didn't tell them because when other neighbours complained about something they were quite aggressive, so I thought I would just forget about it, as I had been compensated anyway.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

In local PO the other day, I heard AP lady explaining to a customer wanting to collect a parcel that they no longer leave them if no-one's home as too many were being stole. 😞

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

A little off topic - I have a very newbie - actually signed up the day before he bought - OK - this remains ??

All my listings are 5 business days for posting - given the current conditions.

2 Days after he purchased - received an email - post urgent - provide tracking.

Having posted it with tracking 3 days after purchase - I explained to him - all sellers have a handling time - watch for it. etc.

He emailed back ' Sit ' - Kindest Regards *****

So I did. lol

Any idea what ' Sit ' means. ??

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Any idea what ' Sit ' means. ??

I hope he didn't forget an h?

Seriously, no idea. Maybe "OK, I'll sit and wait", lol (in which case he might need some munchies).

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

LOL - he won me over at ' kindest regards ' .

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I think having a PO Box mitigates a lot of this.

We took a box a few years ago so we could minimise the risk of identity theft and have zero mail coming to our house, but having all purchases delivered there too is a bonus.

I know not everyone is in a position to get a box, but worth it  if you can.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@Dom:  SIT = stay in touch. 

@papermoon:  like I said, it might not be new, but it’s the first I’d heard of it happening. 
I’ve always been suspicious of Xmas casual staff 😁

@pnc:  Aust Post most certainly do leave items at addresses. I’ve had 2 tucked in behind my screen door in the past 2 weeks. 
I’ve still got 3 in transit atm but I suspect I’ll be waiting some time for these ones! 

@jelly:  yes, P.O. Boxes are good but not all businesses will post to them. 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

You are right about SIT. Thank you - I have learnt something!

http://acronymsandslang.com/meaning-of/chat-and-sub-cultures/SIT.html

(No. 4 is a bit scary...)

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

I'm just talking about my local PO. The customer was angry because the parcel hadn't been left at her door and she had to make a trip to the PO. That's when the Ap worker told her about the theft.

I can't speak for any area other than mine own. Apologies for trying to contribute to the thread. 

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply