Held Payments

rebwainw88
Community Member

Hello,

I have sold an item and my bank details are linked to my account - how long with my money be held for and can I get it earlier? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Held Payments

Is this your first sale? Or do you sell on an irregular basis?

Either way, your funds are held for at least 21+ days (could even be 30 days now - others will clarify).

Hopefully you are sending the item with tracking, which you can then upload into the transaction. Once it shows as delivered, then contact customer service via chat and ask them to release the funds.

If you're not sending with tracking, then you'll probably have to wait out the full time period.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Held Payments

Just to follow up - I see you sold a fairly expensive item. Did you check the buyer feedback to make sure there were no red flags? I always tend to be super cautious when selling anything over a couple of hundred bucks.

I notice that your postage price seems high enough to cover the costs, but definitely make sure you send with tracking otherwise it can end badly.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Held Payments

As a  New seller on  Managed Payments,  your funds will be on hold for  30 days, but you do not get to wait to receive the funds before posting.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Held Payments

seamslikealady
Community Member

do you have to contact eBay to release the funds? or does that happen automatically if an item receives feedback or the item shows as delivered.as a new eBay seller, i noted two of my initial transactions were paid into my bank,(automatically) but the last 7 transactions are payments pending-even though i have received some feedback.so should i be asking via customer chat to get these funds released?.new to this so still working my way through it.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Held Payments

If tracking shows as delivered, then yes, get in touch with ebay and get them to release the funds. I'm not sure if they'll do it just on feedback, but certainly worth a try if you send something without tracking.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply