Helloooooo.....any buyers......?

Not normally one to complain about lack of sales, but this month is starting off as a bit of a shocker.

Stats tell me I'm down about 30% on last month and almost 50% down from this time last year.

Uuuugh!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Helloooooo.....any buyers......?

go-tazz
Community Member

@cushioncovers wrote:

Not normally one to complain about lack of sales, but this month is starting off as a bit of a shocker.

Stats tell me I'm down about 30% on last month and almost 50% down from this time last year.

Uuuugh!

They may be starting to regret putting the stats in place on Seller Hub as my ones were way down compared

to last year,(I'm now at 661.3% up on my other account),shok.gif

Must not have sold anything in the same period last year,Sunnies.gif

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I was looking at my sales figures, as the end of the financial year is coming up.

This current financial year, I am at LEAST 20% down on the worst year I have ever had going back to 2001.

Such is life. One year out of the 16 had to be the worst one and this is it.

I seem to have tried fairly hard, always listing new items at reasonable (given the high cost of selling) prices, 1200 items listed on eBay, another couple of thousand listed on my website.

Just not happening, many days lately of only a few or even no sales, both on eBay and the website.

The website I understand, it needs updating and some advertising money spent on it.

As for eBay, a steady slow decline since about 2012, despite my best efforts.

Not just me, all the coin dealer and retailer mates I speak to are all in the same boat.

eBay, I can understand as well, many more people selling on it now than even a few years ago, less money to go around.

Just seems to be the way it is at present, money is tight for a lot of people, the cost of living is going up much faster than people's wages..

Electricity up 7% Private Health cover up 6%, Council rates up 5-6%, food is more expensive since Cyclone Debbie and SA floods, on and on it goes. Something has got to give.

2% wage rise if you are lucky is not going to cut it, no wonder people have less to spend on discretionary items...

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

It's not like the good old days when you sold a coin for what it was worth and now it's like a yoyo with all the auctions.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Agree, would it have anything to do with the 600 listings store holders now have...? Flooded the market place perhaps? Then again I can also agree with yeoldecoinco !!
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I wonder the same thing... what happened to them!  Are they all too busy buying air compressors, wine, welding equipment, the latest tech gear and BBQs?  Maybe they just buy what eBay wants them to buy with their deals and promos.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

I think Facebook has hurt Ebay in teh last couple of years. the amount of local Buy Swap and Sell FB pages, Trades FB pages etc seems endless. It is ay to easy now for people to create a FB page, buy. swap and sell items using paypal's "friend and family" payment transfer and seller has no fees. Buyer runs the risk of being scammed, which seems to be happening more and more on FB not to mention time waters. That said I think it has hurt many sellers on Ebay. Just a though...Cheers

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

It's very slow for me too. Not like the good old days when it was actually affordable to list.

All of my fixed price listings don't get seen AT ALL (maybe 5 views in a week) despite being the cheapest.

Auctions only work on high value used/secondhand/repaired stuff, not the stuff I can actually get consistently from suppliers....

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@mildred9*123 wrote:
Agree, would it have anything to do with the 600 listings store holders now have...? Flooded the market place perhaps? Then again I can also agree with yeoldecoinco !!

Same complaints in the US.

Too many sellers out there selling the same thing.  The only true value seems to be in the luxury market, and people are trying to haggle the prices down in that market.

Maybe collectibles and vintage hold their value.  

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I think the discounts, rebates and promo's put out by ebay have actually hurt sales as buyers are now holding off and waiting for them...

A double edged sword, that one!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply