Help adding a picture to description Section

I have done a bit of research and have worked out how to add a picture to the description section but i have only managed to get the picture right down the bottom under all the writing...and also only aligned to the left.

Can someone help me with the following

1. how to centre the picture ont he page

2. how to put it in another spot in the description

The process i used was to upload pic to photbucket.  then got the HTML link from there.

went to my item on ebay and added this link to the description while in the HTML tab.

Thanks

I have very limited knowledge of these things so please keep it simple haha

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am currently using a free program from use.com

I only use the template builder which has many templates to choose from and have found the site easy to work with

can also edit somewhat within ebay when revising

good luck

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

wow love it...thanks for that.  exactly what i wanted to do...so easy

thanks

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

no problems, I am only new to the program myself and have found it fairly straight forward
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

To centre an image, click on or highlight it, then use the same editing options for text - the alignment is a series of line icons, and the centre alignment one will look a bit like the one highlighted in blue here:

centred.JPG

The easiest way to ensure the image goes exactly where you want it is to type in something in the area you want the image to be placed, then look for it in the HTML editor tab.

For example, say you have two paragraphs of text and want an image between the two, you could add an easily findable word or phrase in between them than you can then paste the HTML code over in the HTML tab.

eg:

First parapgraph here

PLACE IMAGE HERE

Second paragraph here

So, when you switch to the HTML tab, you just look for the "place image here" text, highlight it and paste the image's HTML code over it.

Hope that helps. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Edit: .... Nevermind. Smiley LOL Glad you found something that will work for you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

thanks so much.....i want to learn as many things as possible so i will try this too

thanks

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I put them at the top of my description and I just copy the picture on the other website and then paste it into the description in the same way I'd paste anything else in.  I don't use codes of any sort, but when I got into the HTML view there is code in there.  I just copy & paste the picture and let the code take care of itself. 

It probably works differently for different hosting sites.  I used to put the code in on another website I used but I couldn't figure out how to do it on ebay.  Pasting the picture is easier anyway (for me).

After I've pasted the picture in I have to centre it by placing the cursor before the picture and then clicking on the button to centre.  I could paste the picture in wherever I want it.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply