Help me please!!!

jj12172
Community Member

So a buyer couldn't pay for an item he bought, so it was no biggie since I already had opened a case for him not paying. Stupidly eBay make the "mark as paid" button the biggest button in the world and I misclicked it and hit it instead of the tiny button "close case" under it. So now, I have to pay $30 fees for an item that the buyer didn't pay for because I misclicked one button. How can I fix this? I can't open a new case because it automatically closed the first case. Gah!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Help me please!!!

Contact eBay by either Live Help or phone and see if they will allow you a final value fee refund if you explain what happened. It's worth a try. Use the links under Customer Support on the top right hand corner of any page.

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I would phone ebay as you're more than likely to receive a cut and paste reply to an email, plus you should get an instant result:-)

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

jj12172
Community Member

Okay, all good! Called up eBay, they understood and fixed the issue. They're going to report the buyer, which I didn't really want to do, he seemed like a nice guy.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

" Stupidly eBay make the "mark as paid" button the biggest button in the world and I misclicked it and hit it instead of the tiny button "close case" under it. "

It's unbelievable that you can blame ebay for your own mistake.

TCT
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

good result jj, ebay always used to be helpful like this before they got so big.

deja vu it must be so hard to be perfect.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It's similar to people who claim they've placed a bid or used BIN by mistake when they need to click on 2 buttons and yes it is difficult for me to appreciate sarcasm and insincerity.

TCT
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Another case of criticism not taken well by the critical . . . hmn....

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Youre not stupid love we sellers and buyers make mistakes sometimes by clicking on the wrong button glad you got it fixed !

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

What a nice support group. ๐Ÿ™‚

If you drive through a red light is your fault or the traffic department's fault ?

TCT
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply