Help please -1st ever buyer want to return an item just because they do not like it??

WOW, just had my first ever request to returm an item! The reason -just do not like it. Gosh, I have described it well and taken good photos of the same. What is the next step please, as I have never had thus before  

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Help please -1st ever buyer want to return an item just because they do not like it??

If you have a no returns policy you can refuse the request for a change of mind purchase but you run the risk of the buyer leaving negative feedback.

If you are happy to accept it back advise the buyer to return it for a refund once it arrives back.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

They are not a new buyer, have near 500 in feedback. Never bought from me before and never will again now. I would rather risk a negative feedback than refund on principle. They did not even email me first, just did a request reply. I am not prepared to loose $5 ebay fees just like that. Guess I have been lucky to have not come across this before. I told them I will phone ebay tomorrow about this so hopefully they will just leave it as is.    

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

No need to get agro with them....that will probably do more harm than a polite refusal to refund for change of mind which this is.

If they decide to do a formal dispute with a made up reason ebay can force you to refund.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The returns console is how ebay recommends buyers communicate with sellers these days if, for what ever reason, a buyer would like to return an item - it is no different to sending a message through the ebay message system.

You don't lose the ebay fees if  the refund is processed through the returns console - once the refund is processed ebay credit your account with the fees.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Think I should be covered there as they have clearly replied that they do not want it as they do not like it, and after I asked why that it is smaller than they thought. I did reply nicely that I would talk to ebay about tomorrow, which I will do.  

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks. I did not know that. Thought I had seen it all on ebay, but apparently not, as this is a first for me

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@justcruising49 wrote:

Thought I had seen it all on ebay, but apparently not, as this is a first for me

I just had a "buyer" request an order cancellation as "I didn't think I'd win it for that bid and ended up winning another unit".

Seriously....

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@whiznumber6 wrote:

@justcruising49 wrote:

Thought I had seen it all on ebay, but apparently not, as this is a first for me

I just had a "buyer" request an order cancellation as "I didn't think I'd win it for that bid and ended up winning another unit".

Seriously....

If we get this kind of buyer we simply don't raise the cancellation but let it proceed to the unpaid item dispute (UID) process.

That way you retain control of the situation and they will get a strike if they leave it unpaid.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

My buyer had paid and on delivery they changed their mind. Ebay said to not go ahead with the refund, so I took their advice. If a negative occurs they said to recontact them. I let the the buyer know what ebay said, and told them I was happy to accept the refund if they wanted to post it back and I would reimbuse them for the price less postage and ebay fees and they said they would do that.  As they are a seller themselves, I did suggest they would get more money by listing it, as it is the cheapest on ebay, and have not heard back as yet. So may be coming back or not. Thanks fo rthe help everone. Always some some new situation on ebay to discover....  

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply