Help with Calculated Postage

I have just listed a Fly Tying Box with calculated postage. First time I've used this option so I'm a bit wary given that ebay has been a bit glitchy lately.

Could I please ask someone (who doesn;t live in Qld) to see if the postage is working to their postcode.

When I look it says $12.50 - which is wrong because the parcel will be cubed.

I went in and changed the postcode to Tasmania and it calculated the correct postage but when I went back to the listing the postage had changed from $12.50 to $42.50 ( The Tassie Postage)

I just don't want to be stung for more postage.

Sorry - Item number 251715649244

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help with Calculated Postage

Hi - Don't worry about it - I've made it free Postage - no hassles then.

Thanks anyway.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@mako11948 wrote:

I went in and changed the postcode to Tasmania and it calculated the correct postage but when I went back to the listing the postage had changed from $12.50 to $42.50 ( The Tassie Postage)

Just a quick note anyway, in case this is what caused the issue...

When you first looked at the listing and it showed you the $12.50 postage, it's because your primary postage address is likely the same postcode as the item location. When you changed the postcode to a Tas p/c to calculate postage to there, it basically sets your postage location to that area (in so far as search results and postage calculation goes), and the settings will actually remain as the Tas p/c unless you change it back, so if you didn't manually change the postcode back to your own while looking at the listing, all listings you look at with calculated postage will show you the cost to a Tas address - same goes if you switch the country from Aus to somewhere else, you have to manually change it back to still get correct postage quotes. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Forgive me if i'm out of line, but when you changed your postage to free postage, you forgot to remove the bit about calculated postage from your Seller Notes. It's no biggie, but some people might worry you are going to hit them with a postage cost after they've bought.

Looks like an absolute bargain! If I was still a regular fisherman (woman), I'd seriously consider bidding on that. I would be very surprised if that doesn't sell.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thankyou both of you - I'll delete the reference out of my notes.

So does that mean that  whoever looks at the item with have their  calculated postage showing on the Gallery listing or will the Tassie one still be there until they put their own Postcode in?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@mako11948 wrote:

Thankyou both of you - I'll delete the reference out of my notes.

So does that mean that  whoever looks at the item with have their  calculated postage showing on the Gallery listing or will the Tassie one still be there until they put their own Postcode in?

Everyone will now just see free postage, as that's what you've listed it as. If it was still calculated, it would show whatever it cost from your state to theirs.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply