Help with flat postage rule

tcrazer
Community Member

Can someone help. The flat postage rule I've set up doesn't seem to be working.  I set it so that additional items are free postage but it seems people are being charged for each indiviual item. 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help with flat postage rule

Usually you have to apply the postage rule to pre-existing listings manually (even if it says you can apply the rule to all current listings).

If you open up a listing to edit and scroll down to the postage section, you should find this - make sure that the box is ticked next to "apply my flat rate postage rule with profile name...." Mine is a drowpdown menu as I have multiple flat rate rules, but if you only have one, it should default to that.

postage rules.PNG

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

thanks for the help and the image. however i don't seem to have the option of the drop down box selection next to 'apply my flat postage rule with profile name' like you do. i can only 'check' that box

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you've only created one flat rate rule, it won't give you the dropdown menu, you just check the box - I've created multiple flat rate rules but only one can be applied to a listing, so I have to select which one I want to use for each listing, which is why my screenshot shows a dropdown menu option. 

Once you tick the box and save the changes, you should see this type of green text advertising the discount in the postage and payments tab (i.e. scroll down and switch from description to Postage & Payments) when you exit edit mode and look at the listing on eBay:

p n p tab.PNG

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

ah. i see. thanks for your help

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

It won't work if they use BIN instead of the cart so it pays to say in the description that they have to use the cart if they want the discount.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply