Hi Is anyone experiencing low sales or none at all lately?

Hi,

Is anyone experiencing low sales or none at all lately?

I have been selling for over a year now and normlly don't have any problems.

However, the past 3 weeks I have had no sales at all, no questions from buyers or anything which I find strange as I normally have sales and other activity every day or every second day if not every day.

Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am only hobby seller but March / April, I had zero sales which is not usual.

This month 6 small sales, I think because I reduced the prices on those items.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

No

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ok dave, what's your secret ? Smiley Wink

Everyone is waiting to read your insights on sales of a site I think has dramatically slowed.

image host
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I answered the question. I'm not sure what help the OP was soliciting.

Selling things that people want, I suppose. That aren't available in cheap Chinese knockoffs. Although they are generally available cheaper from several UK sellers. And being able to list more of them since the February changes.

Edit: and doing combined postage at cost, answering questions regardless of the merit I attach to them...

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Everyone is waiting to read your insights on sales of a site I think has dramatically slowed.

No! Not everyone...

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I,m just doing my tax for the 2015-16 financial year and have compared the actual recorded results with this year so have some genuine factual numbers to work on, rather than gut feel.

I have two stores, one much smaller ( a third of the number of listings ) and newer than the other. The smaller stores sales are down around 30% on last years results. The larger store is around 20% down compared to last year.

These drops need to be seen from the perspective that we are spending most of our time in our sheep grazing business and are not renewing listings. This means the items we are selling have mainly been listed on ebay for a minimum of twelve months. ie. we are running our store listings down to concentrate on our sheep business. When this is taken into account, our ebay sales are holding up remarkebly well and everything we sell is profit, as we are not purchasing new stock.

We have a third non store selling account . This uses the 40 regular monthly freebies and has untill recently been regularly recieving the 150 freebies offers. We have been actively listing new items and managing this account and it has been recieving exceptional sales over the year, lifting our averages from the store accounts. We will be declaring earnings from this account to the ATO along with our stores this year as it is a reasonable sum of money and has been run as part of our ebay business.

The end result is that total sales for the year on ebay have been comparative with the previous financial year and this is with less focus on ebay than in the past. We are still making a substantial part of our income from ebay.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply