Hi - What are insertion fee promotions?

jk_1900
Community Member

Hi 

I noticed Ebay has charged me in excess of $10 for insertion fee promotions?  Does the insertion fee promotion have anything to do with free listing of items.   I relisting 3-4 items several times.  I thought this was free.  Please advise.  Thanks.

JK_1900

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hi - What are insertion fee promotions?

If you go to My eBay > Account, you can check an itemised list of all the fees eBay have charged to your account. The first 40 listings of any given month should be free, but you will still be charged for any upgrades, extra categories etc, plus a final value fee (9.9% of the sale price) on any item that sells.

On my account, eBay also shows me a total for how much money I've saved by taking advantage of their promotions, so if for example my fees are $15 and the promotional savings were $10, it's their way of saying "we could have charged you $25 for all this". ๐Ÿ˜„

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks a lot for your response.   Shall look more closely at my account.

JK_1000

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you go to My eBay > Account, you can check an itemised list of all the fees eBay have charged to your account. The first 40 listings of any given month should be free, but you will still be charged for any upgrades, extra categories etc, plus a final value fee (9.9% of the sale price) on any item that sells.

On my account, eBay also shows me a total for how much money I've saved by taking advantage of their promotions, so if for example my fees are $15 and the promotional savings were $10, it's their way of saying "we could have charged you $25 for all this". ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks a lot for your response.   Shall look more closely at my account.

JK_1000

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I see that 'Insertion fee promotions" are $1.50 per item.

I've just got 29 of them 

But what are they for?

What is a ". . Fee promotion""? There's no external promotion, so what is their basis?? 

Looking at my account, it's not clear - is it in addition to seller fees, of subtracted from them?

Regards

Richard 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

It just means it would have cost you $1.50 per listing.

But seeing as you have 40 freebies per month, you save $1.50 per listing up to the 40.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you 

ebay seems to bury the selling fees over lots of separate pages 

i just found out that 

An insertion fee applies whenever you list an item on eBay, even if it doesn't sell

and "sellers registered on eBay.com.au can take advantage of a set number of free listings available every month" but it doesn't give the number! I believe that eBay rules vary from country to country. I gather you're in Australia- where did you see it's 40

After er years of buying I'm new to selling

Cheers 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ah, just found it

Cheers 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply