Hi is it common for buyers to take a week before they answer your message

Hi is it common for buyers to stuff you around take up to a week to answer a invoice message cheers

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Hi is it common for buyers to take a week before they answer your message

Hi,

This happens quite a bit. I have a process i work to. As soon as the item finishes, I send the invoice. Then I wait. If after 5 days nothing has happened - I resend the invoice. Then I wait. On the 7th day I email them to ask if they have sent payment or are having a problem. Then I wait. On the 9th day - I email them again with a message that if they don't pay within 24 hours I will report them. Then on the following day which is day number 10 - I open a case against them. Then i wait. After about 5 days i can close the case and get my seller fees refunded. The buyer gets an unpaid mark against them.

Sometimes It only takes a resent invoice or my first email to get them to pay. Some people just forget. For the ones that don't, well at least i have given them a decent chance to do the right thing.  Thankfully most buyers are good and pay well.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

Hi,

This happens quite a bit. I have a process i work to. As soon as the item finishes, I send the invoice. Then I wait. If after 5 days nothing has happened - I resend the invoice. Then I wait. On the 7th day I email them to ask if they have sent payment or are having a problem. Then I wait. On the 9th day - I email them again with a message that if they don't pay within 24 hours I will report them. Then on the following day which is day number 10 - I open a case against them. Then i wait. After about 5 days i can close the case and get my seller fees refunded. The buyer gets an unpaid mark against them.

Sometimes It only takes a resent invoice or my first email to get them to pay. Some people just forget. For the ones that don't, well at least i have given them a decent chance to do the right thing.  Thankfully most buyers are good and pay well.

You're generous, 10 days, wow! You can close a case after 4 days.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I note that you have endorsed my solutions in other threads. So, maybe I have some useful knowledge?

Or you choose to use different attitudes in different threads? I am consistent.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Re: unpaid item assistant - the only way it is inflexible is that you can only offer electronic payment methods in order to use it. That's actually more flexible than immediate payment required, though, because you can only accept PayPal with that, and it's harder to combine postage. 

You can set the number of days for the UPI to open (from 4 to 30 days, if I remember correctly), and can defer or switch it off for individual buyers and/or transactions (can't do that with IPR, except by revising listings before payment, or creating an individual listing for a buyer). 

It doesn't prevent a seller from communicating with their buyers, so nothing stopping a seller from sending a manual, direct enquiry before it's set to open a case and deferring the case if the buyer responds to negotiate a longer payment time frame.

The UPI assistant also automatically updates stock quantities upon closure of a case, and prevents feedback from being left as soon as the case is open, unlike a manually opened case which only prevents it after the case closure without payment.

I can't agree it's "lazy" to use a tool that has a range of benefits, one of which is reducing the amount of time spent on a non-sale, but which still allows a seller to offer more choice to customers who do pay. 

The only reason I don't use it is because I still offer bank deposit. 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Lol using an ebay tool is for lazy sellers PMSL

I don't use unpaid assistant as I like to do manually as I undertake additional steps when an unpaid case is opened including adding id of nonpayer to the BBLs on several IDs.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Very common. I can't believe how many people don't check their emails or bother to reply in a timely manner, even some high volume sellers are notorious for this. I give them 3 days, then I copy and paste the first message and head it Second Email regarding this.if you don't they say they didn't get it. One of my pet hates is lack of communication from both buyers and sellers
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I always do this manually as well as it , yes, shakes up those slackers but there are more genuinely forgetful people or ones who have had a situation in their lives and having a dispute sent to you can be upsetting if some one has had such an incident which has happened to some of my customers. Not a lot , but it does happen. I'm glad I do it this way in the end
Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Re: unpaid item assistant - the only way it is inflexible is that you can only offer electronic payment methods in order to use it. That's actually more flexible than immediate payment required, though, because you can only accept PayPal with that, and it's harder to combine postage. 

You can set the number of days for the UPI to open (from 4 to 30 days, if I remember correctly), and can defer or switch it off for individual buyers and/or transactions (can't do that with IPR, except by revising listings before payment, or creating an individual listing for a buyer). 

It doesn't prevent a seller from communicating with their buyers, so nothing stopping a seller from sending a manual, direct enquiry before it's set to open a case and deferring the case if the buyer responds to negotiate a longer payment time frame.

The UPI assistant also automatically updates stock quantities upon closure of a case, and prevents feedback from being left as soon as the case is open, unlike a manually opened case which only prevents it after the case closure without payment.

I can't agree it's "lazy" to use a tool that has a range of benefits, one of which is reducing the amount of time spent on a non-sale, but which still allows a seller to offer more choice to customers who do pay. 

The only reason I don't use it is because I still offer bank deposit. 

Thank you for explaining all that. And that is the reason why I use it, but mine is set for 8 days which gives me plenty of time in between to communicate with buyers and give them a fair chance also I advertise payment is due in 7 days, it is quite often someone will commit to buy on Sunday and pay me on Thursday obviously just waiting for pay day. 

Personally I couldn't be bothered arguing with someone who followed me from one post to the next to just argue with me somemore. I just want to help people as much as I can as I am having the best month of sales I have ever had. Things are going very well for me. And I have learnt from my mistakes and it is also good to be around people like yourself who is polite and wants to help others as well and I also learn more from people like yourself. I like positive people, I am not here to prove anything to anyone, I am here to try and help and to learn even more with positive people. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I know where your coming from.Had the same experiences.Keep up the good work.. Glad to hear about your week. You don't always hear the upside to sales.
I'm still rebuilding my store regarding photos and more readable listings for smart phones . Slowest week ever this week but last week was great but then again , plant sales are always slow in winter. I don't mind as I have certainly had my share if mega weeks
. I'm off to brissy early this morning to visit m only grandchild .....cute age to... 6 months.......have a great weekend
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply