Hi,why is ebay now charging people with a medium store 1500 items, for fixed items, wheres my contra

Hi,

why is ebay charging people with a medium store (1500 items) for fixed prices now? I do have a store still, but when they wanted to charge me a $1 for any more items over 1500 when it relisted, I went through and cancelled over 700 sales, which took me under 1500 items, so that i would not get charged $700 a month for things that i sell for normally a few dollars.

Now that i have cancelled alot of sales already, they want to charge me around 22 cents per item/ month when they relist, so my bill just for relisting items that are not in collectibles cataory gets charged is an extra $330.00 on top of my shop fee of $55.00 per month, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THAT I ALSO GET CHARGED A SELLERS FEE, A PAYPAL FEE AND ALSO A POSTAGE FEE, EVEN THOUGHT POSTAGE IS NOT FREE IN AUSTRALIA, I NEED TO CHARGE IT AS MY ITEMS ARE ALL VERY CHEAP AND ALSO PURCHASE THE ITEMS TO SELL. ( CHECK IT OUT IF YOU LIKE, USER NAME MEGZEE) So how much  do I make from selling on ebay, about  $200.00 after all the fees are taken out, what a joke fees are now.

Why has fixed price items in a medium store been changed only to collectibles catagory only?

does a basic store have a locked catagory to free relist in also, and also does the anchor store have locked free listing catagories.

I think that ebay is becoming a rip off for the medium seller, I have been on ebay for nearly 20 years and the fees are terrible & "BS''

Unhappy ebayer

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hi,why is ebay now charging people with a medium store 1500 items, for fixed items, wheres my contra

well I don't know why - I have a feature store and have 1600 free listings and they don't charge me any more.

Better have a chat to ebay if this is happening to you.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If this is just a rant to get it off your chest, fair enough. If you're wanting answers it'd pay to use the correct wording. You didn't cancel sales, you cancelled listings. I assume you mean you get charged if you do auctions, but you've said fixed price. For a few years now it's been the case that stores can only do free auction listings in the collectibles category (which covers things that aren't actually collectibles (eg. craft). That means you can list all of your craft items as auctions without being charged extra listing fees.

They did away with auto relists and shorter durations for fixed price listings in February this year and you can only have GTC for fixed price listings. That means a featured store can only have 1,500 listings if they're all fixed price. Auctions still have the auto relists (if you qualify) so if you listed some items on 10 days you could have them run for 80 or 90 days before you have to relist them, which means you could have almost three times as many listings.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have a store, and the first 1500 listings PER MONTH are included in the store fee. That includes existing GTC listings rolling over. Any after that are 6c each for my category.

If you are being charged in excess of your store fee, it would seem you aren't managing your listings to keep within the 1500 included.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I love a good rant, but I love it even more when someone has a rant, then has to capitalise and scream when they mention eBay et al fees. It always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling and makes me feel glad to be alive.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yeah, but, the OP's only been on eBay for 19 years. They are obviously still learning the ropes.

Or not keeping up with the changing rules. There have been many in my 10 years...

Like Featured stores going from 500 to 1500 included listings only a couple of years ago.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Yeah, but, the OP's only been on eBay for 19 years. They are obviously still learning the ropes.

Or not keeping up with the changing rules. There have been many in my 10 years...

Like Featured stores going from 500 to 1500 included listings only a couple of years ago.

Yes, I remember that too - at the same time that they increased the store fees slightly.

I also remember reading numerous complaints about the price increase, but little was said about the 3 times increase in the included listings.

Some people only see the bad .........  and some like to complain.

Anyway, a bit off topic, but possiby pertinent to the overall picture.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply