Hostile feedback regardless of refund !!

After agreeing to a refund and even offering to pay for return postage, instead the buyer opened a Paypal dispute to which I immediately agreed to a refund via Paypal.  Buyer has left horrible, slanderous feedback and after ebay said they "would not" remove it, I responded to the feedback.  It kind of stands out amongst all my other positive feedback.  However, it appears that the buyer's ID seems to be private?  Is this always the case?  I'd like others to know the ID of the buyer so that he could be avoided.  Can anyone help here?

Also, when you block someone, how long before it comes into effect? and does that also mean blocked members cannot follow you?Cheers

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

The best way to warn others is to use the buyers ID in the reply to the feedback. e.g "<userid> was given a refund and still continues with threats". I'm not sure if you can leave another reply or not. You could always try. 

THe buyers ID has been private for quite a few years now. 

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for that - wish I had known that before I replied - oh well, that's part of selling on ebay i guess.  Most people are actually quite nice.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

How is there feedback that they left for previous sellers, or is this not typical.

Feedback is not dependent upon a refund. if there is a problem technically its not a positive buying experience which puts you in damage control, somethimes you can save it, and sometimes you can't.

If a buyer claims something not as described then return cost is at sellers expense, that is the new ebay policy and so will be seen as expected now rather than just generosity. Buyers do not have to prove it is not as described, just need to say so.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I think there was a couple of whingeing-type comments in his history, but nothing like he left for me.  This guy is just a trouble-maker.  His feedback is not just negative; it's incorrect.  And on top of that his messages to me were threatening.  i personally offered to pay for return postage and refund the items.  Then through Paypal i agreed to refund.  This guy is just a trouble-maker.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Its very hard to comment about your experience without knowing both sides of the story.

And to brand him a trouble maker is not a professional way to handle customers, they are the ones making you the $$$.

Perhaps have a look at the way you are doing things eg: how to ensure all your customers have a positive buying experience.

It's what puts you ahead of the rest.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

OP...the comments that have been left for you sound defamatory. Combine that with personal threatening messages and you should be able to report this member for violation of ebay polices, you should also be able to get the comments removed, possibly also the neg, but at least the comments. It is worth trying, you need to protect your reputation

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Just looked through some of the "feedback left for others" by this buyer.  I'm not the first to receive pretty shocking feedback regardless of complete cooperation and refund by the seller. - and like myself - the response to such feedback has been "sellers beware of this buyer".

Does anyone know how long before blocking takes effect?  Also does blocking prevent a member from "following" another?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

you should be able to get this removed

ask for a supervisor the fact that they have not mentioned the condition of the item should go your way for removal

tell CS that it is defamatory point out your perfect feedback and piont out previous fb left by buyer and you should be ok

I am sure that they will remove it if you persist , If nothing else works start crying lol

ps I have blocked someone who is following me - creepy

and I didn't notice them before I blocked them

not sure but blocking should be immediate

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I had a look at the buyers history of bids. The buyer is a collector. 

You have to be very careful when selling collector items, especially when the item is war related. High buyer emtions involved.

You may say that's not your problem.................................well it is now.

Seller have no regard to what they sell, just slap it ebay and hope someone will buy it.

Lesson to be learnt here.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply