How To Change The Existing Items Size Description In EBay Listing (2nd time post)

We used "Merchant Integration Platform" to upload new item(s) to ebay - using CSV file. It works every day - no problem.

But we want to update the Size Description in listing items.

In our fashion listings, 1 item has multiple sizes. In eBay, each size has a unique SKU and a size description. All sizes of the items have same "Variation Group ID". So each size is associated to the same 1 "Variation Group ID".

Those sizes look like: "Size","US6/EU36/UK3.5" We want to change/update the Size Description - like to be "US6" or "EU36" or "ANY OTHER STRING"

What I have tried: I have tried using the API call. But it does not ALWAYS work. It only worked in few cases. In following example, I tried to update Size for SKU=00000569201  in ebay using API call.

It seems it worked/updated size desc internally , not on website or ebay seller central console.

TECH DETAILS:

1) curl -s "https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item/00000569201" -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer $TOKEN_VALID_2_HOURS"

Got response:

{"sku":"00000569201","locale":"en_AU","groupIds":["000005692"],"inventoryItemGroupKeys":["000005692"],"product":{"title":"Collonil Shoe Horn 15cm Metal","aspects":{"Size":["1 UNIT"]},"description":"<p>These shoe horns are made from top quality metal/plastic. For ease of use in putting on and removing footwear.</p> <p>Depending on availability of colours, you may not receive the colour pictured.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>","brand":"Collonil","upc":["does not apply"]},"condition":"NEW","availability":{"pickupAtLocationAvailability":[],"shipToLocationAvailability":{"quantity":8}}}

It means size: "1 UNIT"

2) If I want to change the size to be "1 U", I ran

curl -s "https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/bulk_create_or_replace_inventory_item" -X POST -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer $TOKEN_VALID_2_HOURS" -d '{"requests":[{"availability":{"pickupAtLocationAvailability":[],"shipToLocationAvailability":{"quantity":8}},"condition":"NEW","product":{"aspects":{"Size":["1 U"]},"brand":"Collonil","description":"<p>These shoe horns are made from top quality metal/plastic. For ease of use in putting on and removing footwear.</p> <p>Depending on availability of colours, you may not receive the colour pictured.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>","title":"Collonil Shoe Horn 15cm Metal","upc":["does not apply"]},"sku":"00000569201","locale":"en_AU"}]}'

Got response:
{"errors": [{
"errorId": 2003,
"domain": "ACCESS",
"category": "APPLICATION",
"message": "Internal error",
"longMessage": "There was a problem with an eBay internal system or process. Contact eBay developer support for assistance",
"parameters": [{
"name": "reason",
"value": "Failed to transform underlying error response, see logs."
}]
}]}

3) Check details:

curl -s "https://api.ebay.com/sell/inventory/v1/inventory_item/00000569201" -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer $TOKEN_VALID_2_HOURS"

Got response:

{"sku":"00000569201","locale":"en_AU","groupIds":["000005692"],"inventoryItemGroupKeys":["000005692"],"product":{"title":"Collonil Shoe Horn 15cm Metal","aspects":{"Size":["1 U"]},"description":"<p>These shoe horns are made from top quality metal/plastic. For ease of use in putting on and removing footwear.</p> <p>Depending on availability of colours, you may not receive the colour pictured.</p> <p>&nbsp;</p>","brand":"Collonil","upc":["does not apply"]},"condition":"NEW","availability":{"pickupAtLocationAvailability":[],"shipToLocationAvailability":{"quantity":8}}}

It means Size got changed to "1 U" internally - even with error in previous API call.

4) Check the ebay seller central console - search the item using SKU.
The Size in ebay (GUI and webpage link are still the old desc: "1 UNIT".

Question:
i) Does that mean the API call (bulk_create_or_replace_inventory_item) does change the {aspects -> Size} internally, but not updated in GUI/ebay web site?

ii) If using API call: bulk_create_or_replace_inventory_item and response is error, does that mean it still worked internally or should we try the same API call again?

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0