How To Stop Promotional Emails To Subscibers

Is there a way to disable emails being sent to subscribers that I have not made myself? Such as emails every time we put a sale on or emails saying we have new items. Ive been looking all over but havnt been able to find it.
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why do you want to disable them? Members can elect not to receive them if they wish so only those who want to see them will. You can probably exert some measure of control using the Marketing Tools in the manage store settings.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Unfortunately, no. 

The only one I know you can stop is the one that's sent when you have a sale - when you're creating the sale, at the end of the list of options is 'Promote your sale'. General interest is ticked by default, with the option to include other subscriber lists, but you can leave them all unticked and no email will be sent to subscribers. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I want to stop them because when I go to create my own email to send out to everyone it says I cannot because it has been such and such a time since I sent out out previously. If that makes sense. I want to be able to pick and choose when emails get sent out and not have to wait until I am allowed after the preset ones are sent. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply