Opened Significan​tly Not as Described Dispute

jdmd1964
Community Member

If a buyer has requested a retund on an item which they fell has been incorrectly described and I have agreed to a refund, can I wait until they post the item back before I refund them.   The seller has now opened a Significantly not as Described Dispute.  I am not sure what this is as I have agreed to refund the item, but waiting on it to be returned.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I do not understand your post as it doesn't make any sense as to who sold what or who bought what.How can a seller open a dispute for item not as described as the seller is the one that has sold it.So how can a seller post an item back?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Never refund till you have the item back in the condition it was sent.

The buyer is doing the right thing by opening the dispute and you can escalate it and then paypal will tell them to return at their cost via signature required post and once you have the item back and it is in the condition it was sent then let paypal know and they will issue the refund.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I am sure the OP meant the buyer has opened the dispute not the seller as many make the same error when posting.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

The buyer opened the dispute

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

How can I esclate it and have paypal ask them to return goods at their cost?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

The buyer will need to return item at their expense at PayPals request so do not refund until you have received it back

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If PayPal decides the case in the buyer's favour, PayPal will instruct the buyer to return the item to you via a trackable means of post. So the buyer will have to provide PayPal with the tracking number.

Then once the system shows that the item has been deliver4ed, PayPal will refund the buyer their money (out iof your account, but you don't have to do anything), but just watch out that they send the itemmback in the same condition you sent it, and get on the pohone to PP straight away if they didn't.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

If it was for the 'used' bathers you listed as new you might find find yourself reported to Ebay as 'used' bathers are a big no no with Ebay policies...even if you add 'used' under the 'new' heading.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply