How can I cancel a already processed return order?

A month ago I sold a computer to a buyer who upon receiving claim it wasn't working. I presume the machine might have gotten faulty during transit despite quality testing it prior to shipping. I sent the buyer a return label and started the return process. However not long after the buyer contacted me again and told me they changed their mind about wanting to return and refund this purchase, and did not sent the item back. Nevertheless I am still receiving messaging from Ebay suggesting that the buyer has sent their item back to me and I am required to complete the refund process. 

The message is as follows: "[buyer] indicated that they posted their return. The item should now have been delivered. Once you've received it, please issue the buyer with a refund by 05 Jul, 2021."

But as I have pointed out before both me and the buyer have agreed not to proceed with this matter and want to cancel this return request. Are there any options for me to terminate this return request or at least get into contact with Ebay and get them to end it for me?

If someone can help me out that would be most appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How can I cancel a already processed return order?

I think that if you show eBay your correspondence with the buyer you will be fine. Without tracking and an item marked as delivered or returned, I believe you would be safe anyway. (I mean that the buyer would have to prove that they returned the item and that it arrived in order for eBay to issue a refund.)

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply