How can I get the original description of an item I bought so I can re-sell it? Not there in archive

gesha55
Community Member

How can I get the original description of an item I bought so I can re-sell it?

Once the purchase is sent to archive you can't access the description.

Can ebay retrieve it as the item number is still there.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How can I get the original description of an item I bought so I can re-sell it? Not there in archive

I have purchased items and I can go into the description, not sure why you can't.

You should ask the original seller before you use the text they have used and make sure they are okay with it.

Can you not just enter your own description when you list the item ? I can't imagine C&P will save you more than a couple of minutes typing.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I think after a certain period of time the description will disappear from archived items leaving only 'bare bones' such as part of title, item number, sellers ID and sale date. In fact my own purchases from mid Feb this year and older only show that basic information.

But if you grab the item number and do an Advanced search (top right) it might bring up the listing if it's not too old.

And yes you will need to get the original seller's ok to reuse the words or pictures.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply