How can I set up the postage so I can have a flexible delivery time requirement?? Late Shipment Rate

Hi everyone,

Because I have been being frustrated about the late shipment rate. I have some questions about this, wish guys can help me to set it up.

I have noticed a postage page in a seller's listings -
The 1st attached is the seller's postage page - seller locates at VIC, 3 handling days, ETA is between 31st Mar to 7th Apr. It is so flexible!!!!!!!!!! I can't find a freight service called "Standard Parcel Delivery - Registered" from my listing template.
临时图.PNG

My postage page - I locate at Darwin, 5 excessive handling days, ETA is between 25th Mar to 31st Mar. The time is so tight! The only freight service on my list is Au Post. This time frame is very unrealistic!!!!!!
临时1.PNG

Could you guys who know how to do this, please teach me how to set up the postage page?

Thanks very much!
Brigham

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How can I set up the postage so I can have a flexible delivery time requirement?? Late Shipment Rate

临时1.PNG临时图.PNG

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I would suspect the seller you're referencing is using a courier service not AP. Just increase your handling time to 7 or 10 days, chances are it won't lose you any sales and will give you that extra time as a buffer.

Edit to add. I'd be far more concerned with the amount of negs you're getting to be honest.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

postage options.jpg

As you can see, it has the same delivery timeframe listed as all the other standard services (except the letter ones).

The reason you are getting a shorter one from looking at your own listings, is because eBay provide ETAs based on buyer location. When you look at your own listings, the default ETA is from your postcode to your postcode. That is always going to be shorter than an ETA from a Vic postcode to an NT postcode. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

I would suspect the seller you're referencing is using a courier service not AP. Just increase your handling time to 7 or 10 days, chances are it won't lose you any sales and will give you that extra time as a buffer.

Edit to add. I'd be far more concerned with the amount of negs you're getting to be honest.

Hey padi at least he/she sells chinese products and is based in Australia, you don't see many of those haha.

Yes the negs are due to inferior products.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I am selling a smart socket using the latest ZigBee tech. However, some buyers didn't know how to use the product, they left the negs without contacting me. Do you think that I should stop selling this product?

Thanks for your reply. It helps!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@valueexplorerau wrote:
Hi everyone,

Because I have been being frustrated about the late shipment rate. I have some questions about this, wish guys can help me to set it up.

I have noticed a postage page in a seller's listings -
The 1st attached is the seller's postage page - seller locates at VIC, 3 handling days, ETA is between 31st Mar to 7th Apr. It is so flexible!!!!!!!!!! I can't find a freight service called "Standard Parcel Delivery - Registered" from my listing template.
临时图.PNG

My postage page - I locate at Darwin, 5 excessive handling days, ETA is between 25th Mar to 31st Mar. The time is so tight! The only freight service on my list is Au Post. This time frame is very unrealistic!!!!!!
临时1.PNG

Could you guys who know how to do this, please teach me how to set up the postage page?

Thanks very much!
Brigham

Hi Mate its likely because of machine learning eBay uses. eBay now using machine learning to estimate delivery times because Australia Post cannot provide estimates anymore. So if you have high late shipment rate or INR rates you eBay now will automatically extend your delivery timeframe. So Its possible some sellers got hit harder with others with delays due to covid last year.

ss (2021-03-16 at 05.07.42).png

I must add, If you are sending on time and you have a post office or depot scan within your handling time... You shouldn't be punished for late shipment defects. Have you asked eBay about this?

You can also extend your processing time to 10 business days and send within 1-2 business days.

Lastly I most note that twice we got a defect for a late shipment to darwin but it was sent ontime so was removed.. This was likely due to their machine learning not being too good. All my listings show 10 business days delivery for anywhere besides Darwin and WA. WA is 14 business days and Darwin is 5 Business days. Our handling time is 2 Business days and we are based in Melbourne

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@valueexplorerau wrote:

I am selling a smart socket using the latest ZigBee tech. However, some buyers didn't know how to use the product, they left the negs without contacting me. Do you think that I should stop selling this product?

If you are getting negs for the product then yes, you should be thinking about whether to keep selling it.

A couple of things stand out, firstly your feedback is set to "private" so nobody can see what the feedback is for - that's a definate turn-off for a lot of buyers. Secondly I looked at some of your mains powered electrical devices and nowhere does it show they are certified for use in Australia. If you sell mains powered items here they MUST be certified, if they are not you could be up for very large fines for non-compliance.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Just to add, your feedback is sitting on 97.1% at the moment if that drops too much lower eBay is likely to put restrictions on your account, like limiting the number of items listed and/or reducing your visibility to buyers.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply