How do I add my bank account details

Ive only just discovered how much PayPal costs me and would like my buyers to pay me by bank transfer How do I add my bank account details?Is it safe? are there any drawbacks Im not awareof? Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do I add my bank account details

I'm not sure how you add bank details but no doubt someone will be along shortly to tell you how to do that.

You still have to offer a safe payment method to buyers - either Paypal or a (expensive) merchant banking facility.

Bank deposits are safe for you but are not safe for buyers as there's no buyer protection with that method of payment, so you are unlikey to get many buyers using it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Bank account details can be added by:

Going to Account Details   then select - Site Preferences - then expanding Payment from Buyers - then selecting edit for the Use Bank Deposit Express option - you can then enter your bank details.

In any case the direct link to page for adding or editing bank details is here  https://fundinginstrument.ebay.com.au/piapp/EditCIP?action=update

I also include my bank account details on my invoice template text - in case buyers wanting to pay that won't don't go through check out - as until buyers go through checkout they will not be able to see the bank details anyway.

Never had a issue over many years of selling, and never heard of any issues experienced by other sellers who accept bank deposit as payment. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Account>Site Preferences>Payment from Buyers>expand>Bank Deposit Express>edit>add details.

https://fundinginstrument.ebay.com.au/piapp/EditCIP?action=update

The downside is, rarely will a buyer use it because as mentioned, they have no buyer protection in the event something goes wrong. I offer it on all my selling accounts and wouldn't even get one person a year use it. Generally it's new buyers who haven't set up PayPal yet and don't know they can use PayPal as a guest with credit card.

The best way around the extra fees is incorporate them into the selling price of the item. That way the extra bit the buyer pays goes towards the fees.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Paypal fees are 30c + 2.6%. Not massive.

Be aware that if you say in your listings that you prefer bank deposit some buyers might think you are a scammer and will, if they buy from you at all, make a point of using Paypal.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm not sure how you add bank details but no doubt someone will be along shortly to tell you how to do that.

You still have to offer a safe payment method to buyers - either Paypal or a (expensive) merchant banking facility.

Bank deposits are safe for you but are not safe for buyers as there's no buyer protection with that method of payment, so you are unlikey to get many buyers using it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Bank account details can be added by:

Going to Account Details   then select - Site Preferences - then expanding Payment from Buyers - then selecting edit for the Use Bank Deposit Express option - you can then enter your bank details.

In any case the direct link to page for adding or editing bank details is here  https://fundinginstrument.ebay.com.au/piapp/EditCIP?action=update

I also include my bank account details on my invoice template text - in case buyers wanting to pay that won't don't go through check out - as until buyers go through checkout they will not be able to see the bank details anyway.

Never had a issue over many years of selling, and never heard of any issues experienced by other sellers who accept bank deposit as payment. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Account>Site Preferences>Payment from Buyers>expand>Bank Deposit Express>edit>add details.

https://fundinginstrument.ebay.com.au/piapp/EditCIP?action=update

The downside is, rarely will a buyer use it because as mentioned, they have no buyer protection in the event something goes wrong. I offer it on all my selling accounts and wouldn't even get one person a year use it. Generally it's new buyers who haven't set up PayPal yet and don't know they can use PayPal as a guest with credit card.

The best way around the extra fees is incorporate them into the selling price of the item. That way the extra bit the buyer pays goes towards the fees.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I see. Thanks for that.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Paypal fees are 30c + 2.6%. Not massive.

Be aware that if you say in your listings that you prefer bank deposit some buyers might think you are a scammer and will, if they buy from you at all, make a point of using Paypal.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

ben-debb
Community Member
eBay is not accepting my bank account name.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

ben-debb
Community Member
Not accepting my bank account name
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

There's an echo in here.

Given the age of this thread (almost 3 years) it would have been better to start a new one and provide some details.

We are good, but we are not mindreaders.

What name is it not accepting? Your name, your bank's name, something else?

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

ben-debb
Community Member
Will not accept bank account name.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply