How do I do a private offer for a buyer?

Hi,

i had had an item on auction and a buyer has messaged me about doing a private offer. I am happy to do it as I have had item on auction 5 times with no success. 

How on do I do a private offer? 

Thankyou

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Relist as a BIN with a rediculously high price and minimal description, but with "make an offer" on it, then let your buyer know the item number so that they can find it. 

Be aware it may take a while for the listing to show in searches.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

There is no way to do a real, private offer. Restricted to one buyer. That's why Padi says to list at a ridiculously high price, to deter anyone else buying it first.

If you list it like that make it clear to your buyer that you will accept the agreed price on it so they don't freak out 🙂

I would also put RESERVED in the listing title. So it's clear if it turns up in searches before the buyer sees it. Also a good idea to let the buyer know what time you will be listing it, so they can then put the item number in the search bar and find it before it goes "live" to everyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

The way I do it is to put just a one word title of what it is, something like Duster and then repeat the word in the description. I send the buyer the item number and they buy. If anyone else was daft enough to purchase then I am happy to post them off a duster (used of course)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Why not do it as a custom order listing.   I do these all the time, use a generic image, the one you show in the forums will do, make the titel Custom order for "buyer name" not for general sale.  Description:  "custom item as negotiated", add your agreed price as a BN price and send the buyer the item number.  With no picture and no real description, it is unlikley that anyone else will buy it before your buyer can.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

The way I do it is to put just a one word title of what it is, something like Duster and then repeat the word in the description. I send the buyer the item number and they buy. If anyone else was daft enough to purchase then I am happy to post them off a duster (used of course)

I'd buy a used duster...that way I look industrious while being bone idle in reality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

The other option is,  if they don't want to wait,  tell them to place a bid and you will end the item in their favour.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I'd buy a used duster...that way I look industrious while being bone idle in reality.

LOL, I would actually have to ask OH where there was one as I am not a lady who cleans (that is what men were put on this earth for)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

If you wait a few years till you are my age Amber you don't even have to make the effort to look industrious.

I can get way with telling everyone I am too old to waste my time cleaning when it will only get dirty again.Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I just say it's a preservative.

Saw a program on the restoration of paintings and knickknacks. Those that had been dutifully dusted over the years were worn and faded...those neglected were in a near-pristine state under their thick layer of dust!

Spoiler
If that doesn't work there's the medical position: dusting stirs it up and leads to sneezing and itchy eyes...very very bad for you 🙂

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply