How do I go on holiday and tell my future buyers

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I go on holiday and tell my future buyers

Only stores have the holiday mode on eBay.

Best to end listings and relist upon return if it's an extended period unless you want defects for late postage and possible neg feedback.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I have gone away for 2 weeks and put in large capital letters in my description I am away from ... to ... and extended the handling time to 20 days. I do try to get internet and let any buyers know I am away and that I hoped they noticed that. Some have not noticed but have never minded waiting. Sometimes I have not had internet and everyone has always been good when I do contact them. I think nice communication is the key to sucess when a delayed posting. 

You can edit in bulk to add to your description, a pain when you go to remove it tho when you are back as you need to manually go into each listing to delete it.

Hope this helps you.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I did the same thing when I was overseas for 2 weeks. The funny thing was everything was very quiet for weeks before I left and when I arrived at my daughter's and hopped on the computer I had 4 sales and 10 questions.

I also had a large, bold heading in capitals advising that I would be away and the dates.

Most people did notice and were happy to wait for my return and those that didn't notice were also happy to wait.  You are right in saying that good, polite communication is the key....but you do risk coming across someone who isn't polite....but I have to say, I didn't have this problem at all and I made sure I hit the ground running and got all purchases off the day I landed

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You dont have a store so all you cant. I just set all items to a 0 quantity. That way they stay listed , purchase history stays in tact and no one can buy. Then when I get back I just increase the quantity of each item and away we go. HTH

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply