How do I package jeans for shipping so that I can ship as large envelope for cheaper price

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: How do I package jeans for shipping so that I can ship as large envelope for cheaper price

maybe they don't realize the red dots aren't a good thing?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Re: How do I package jeans for shipping so that I can ship as large envelope for cheaper price

@hang1945 wrote:

Yes it is your fault - certainly not fair the buyer may get penalised when you know you are sending it for the wrong price - so pay the correct postage Smiley Happy

If the sender has provided a return address on the outside of the package, the buyer will NEVER get a postage owing request. Also the item will always be delivered as if full postage has been received. No return address provided and the item is still delivered and THEN and only then the buyer might receive the request.

Also note that I said a postage owing request. Australia Post is no longer a Government body (it is merely a statutory corporation fully owned by the Government) and has as much right to levy fines as banks and utility providers. That is, none at all. I ignore all such requests from AP as I know they have absolutely no intention of doing anything about it other than wasting money on still more requests.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Most of the jeans I sell are too heavy for a 500g satchel and have to go in a 3kg one, if that is the case I  accordingly and would never think it acceptable to steal services from AP which is what not paying the correct cost is.

Of course if you put in an envelope and stick it straight in the box the buyer may just open an item not received dispute and you would end up with nothing for your dishonesty!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

As far as I am concerned, $6.95 postage for an item that may may weigh as little as a 100 grams but be over 2cms thick is highway robbery. I feel no guilt if AP has to carry the can for one that slips through occasionally.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

wow - just wow.

no one is making you use Australia Post.

For whatever reasons, they are the terms and conditions that they are prepared to enter into an agreement under.

AP says, "if you want to use this service, here are the conditions."

If you don't like them, then don't agree to them and use their service. Simple. Nowhere do they say, you pick a price and we will deliver anything you want for that price.

I will never understand people advocating to others that they break the law, even if they do believe their reasons are just.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

As far as I am concerned, $6.95 postage for an item that may may weigh as little as a 100 grams but be over 2cms thick is highway robbery. I feel no guilt if AP has to carry the can for one that slips through occasionally.

Woman Very Happy

Imagine the postage costs involved for a high toy horse, specially if you include the batteries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Imagine if eBay paid Sellers for sharing their expertise, currently eBay only pays a company to run their forums.
Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Ok so I am gonna weigh in here. I got one of those letters apparently my item was minutely over . Anyway I couldnt find the letter but when posting the other day I told the guy @  AP that I owed $5.75 (most of which was the cost of writing & sending me the letter) and why.

He said I cant help you" I cant take the money. You will have to go back to the Post office where you lodged the parcel".

So I did, guess what?

The lady says" I cant help you". I said cant" you look it up on the system?", nope they cant. I told her I just want to pay what I owe you, "I cant take you money" was the reply. "Wait til they send you a reminder letter and come in with that, we dont generate those letters here".

Crazy...........anyway I found the lettefr this evening & will be able to pay tomorrow when posting. It really sounds like a very inefficient system. 

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

good grief sorry about all the typos.lol

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

May I suggest that you do everyone a favour and stop imagining?

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

IMO from on or off horseback view theft is theft and deliberatly underpaying postage to AP is no different from stealing something from a shop or picking a stranger's pocket and taking their wallet.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 21
Latest reply