How do I put the slideshow of my other items on individual listings?

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I put a slideshow of my other listings on individual listings? I have seen it on other sellers pages and tried to set it up in my store cross promotions but it isn't working. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Those are a third-party scrolling gallery feature, most commonly via a site called Auctiva.

Word of warning, though - while they are popular with sellers, a great many buyers dislike them to the point that they will leave a listing when they see one. I personally don't care too much, unless my 'net is being temperamental and the listing takes ages to load because of all the widgets, images etc in the listing, but as long as the primary focus of the listing is on the item for sale and I don't have to scroll through heaps of irrelevant info / advertising etc, I'm not fussed. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Check out my listings to see Crossitems.com in action. Very easy to use.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I am one of those who hate the scrolling galleries, I cannot understand why sellers think buyers like them when there are usuallly far more comments against then for when the topic comes up on the boards.

If you feel you must use one then at least put it at the bottom of the listing page so that those of us who hit the back button when we see it at the top actually get to read your listing.

As I believe in giving everything a try I did, many years ago, insert the thing in my listings and my sales dropped by a significant amount and went back up to the average after I got rid of it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Hi if you do  use one, try to find out what emails it sends  to the buyer, as ebay sends these also and some times it is annoying.

Anthony

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the feedback everyone. This is my first time on the forum so I havent really read much to do with the slideshows. I just thought I might be better off advertising my products on a page rather than other Ebayer's listings. Smiley Wink I'm going to give it a try on some specific listings and use related listings in the slideshow. I'm also going to heed your advice about putting it down the bottom. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply