How do I request to have feedback removed?

The packaging on an item I sent to a customer was overlooked. This is not normal practice for me.

When the customer advised me of the issue I gave him a full refund the same day via his payment method of Paypal.

He then sent me an email complaining he did not have a Paypal account and I ripped him off. He then gave me bad feedback saying I did not give him a refund.

How do I go about having his feedback removed?

Note I have proff of his payment and the refund via Paypal.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Call eBay during business hours and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Select help at the top of the page and scroll down to contact eBay.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Sounds like a scam to me. Good for you for owning your poor packaging, but I would still have requested photos of the said damaged item. Sounds like they're using feedback to extort more money

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

That feedback doesn't make sense and I think most people reading it would wonder what sort of idiot the buyer was. It's best removed if you can get them to do it, but if you can't, I doubt it will have a huge effect. An awful lot of people never read feedback but others just feel sorry for sellers with negatives, especially ones like that one.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If they do not have a Paypal account it will take longer to show back in their original payment account.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If eBay do not remove the feedback, make sure you politely respond to the feedback stating what you have tried to do. Do not be confrontational or rude. Unfortunately, you have a word limit so you may have to play around with the wording a bit. 

That way future customers that check your feedback can see that this negative feedback could have been unwarrented.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply