How do i change the category of active listing with bids

Hi, I have listed items before and used and old template for orchids as the category. I'm now selling succulents but forgot to change the category to succulents. some of the items have been bid on already and i would lkie to correct the cataegory. how can i do this? Susan

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Most things in a listing can't be changed once there are bids. You can add info to a description, but I don't think you can change categories.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Well obviously you can change the ones without bids, so just dealing with the ones that have bids.

I think there are only two things you can do - you cancel all the bids, and explain to the bidders that you have the wrong category.   This is probably not the best option because (a) it makes buyers cross (b) most buyers will realise it is a succulent not an orchid anyway.

Or:   you could try adding a second category - this will cost you a listing fee upgrade.    Which I see you have done.

And you could add to the description

"please note that this is a succulent, not an orchid.     Orchids category chosen in error"   or something like.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I would just wait until the auction ends then contact the winning bidder saying, "just making sure you know this is a succulent and not an orchid as it seems I had it listed in the wrong category"....they will either say it's ok I know what it is or they will say oh hell no cancel the sale. In which case you send an offer to the second highest bidder with the same message. I'd wager that most people buying these know they are succulents and not orchids.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply