Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

How do i mark an item sold when its not been bidded on via item page

The ring ?  It's got a bid on it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If you have sold somewhere else there are avenues through eBay to end a listing.

'Bidded' is not a word.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Hi yes, apologies for writing a word that does not exist!!! A person has made an offer but not made a bid. How can i mark it as sold please?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

First you need to cancel the bid that's on it then end the listing, then relist it as a BIN with best offer on it.  Have a high BIN then let your prospective buyer know you are relisting it and will accept their offer when they make it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/selling-auctions/cancelling-bid?id=4140

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/canceling-listing?id=4146

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for your help. This person hasnt entered a bid and say they cant, but wants to purchase the item. Im very unsure that this person is real, they want to make a direct deposit into my bank and now want my email address for the 'Bank', And they want an invoice thus my question, Ive followed what is said in the help area, however there is no actions tab when i go in there. Anyway thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

There's too many red flags there for my liking, there should be no reason why they can't bid and you certainly should not be giving them your email address due to eBay's very strict policy of "off-ebay" transactions. If it were me I'd have nothing more to do with them and just let the auction run it's course. 

To protect yourself it may be wise to alert eBay as to what's happening.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Sounds very much like a scam to me.

Scammers pick low feedback sellers with an expensive item and say they'll pay by bank deposit.     They never do, but dummy up paperwork to make it look like they have

I'd let the auction run it's course.

If they want it, they'll find a way to bid

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

If they are on ebay and able to message you, then trust me, they are 'able' to bid.

It's true some people may not have paypal accounts and there are some people who bid but change their mind even after an ebay sale and just never pay the seller. But all of them were able to bid. It's not that hard.

If this person had put in a  winning bid then asked to pay via direct deposit, then it would not be an issue. A lot of ebay sales in the old days were paid for this way. It didn't involve having a seller's email address, all that was needed was account number details.

But even back then  a seller needed to be on the alert as some buyers claimed to have paid but hadn't. Only way to know was to personally check your own bank details and if a deposit wasn't showing, too bad, nothing was posted off and buyer was informed payment had not been received yet.

You look like a newbie. You need to be careful. Ebay doesn't like privately arranged transactions on its site because of course if a person doesn't bid and win the auction, then ebay gets no fees. Ebay has computer programs to pick up on what they consider cheating, off ebay attempts to sell and you could get banned if you try.

But the main thing is you haven't made a sale, not at all. This person has just made an offer. It could be genuine, it might not be. I think it is probably a scam myself, someone trying to get your details or hoping to get the item sent off by convincing you they had paid when they haven't. 

I don't think you're going to see any of their money. They are lying about not being able to bid so I wouldn't trust them.

Why end an auction that has a genuine bid for someone who hasn't even bothered to bid, when they definitely could if they wanted to.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Definitely a scam, as padi sais in his first reply, the item already has 1 bid on it

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply