How do they do it?

Would you buy from these suppliers with Neutrals and Negatives in the past month totaling  32, 74, 17 respectively? None have 5 star ratings. All are Top Rated Sellers.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How do they do it?

saarzi
Community Member

You dont have to have 5 star rating to be a top rated seller. You can also still multiple have negs / neutrals and be top rated. I was, and am. Top rating is a percentage of neuts/negs/defects against positive feedback. They probably have a thousand positive feedback for 32, 74, 17 neuts/negs. But i think you probably know that (?).. 

And yes, Id buy from them - i look at the amount of negs and neutrals against how many positives theyve received. If the amount of negs/neutrals is low compared to their postives, no problem. Even if they have 100 negs. Its all relative.

and.. how do you do spoilers??  omg ineed to knooowww the cooddeeeee

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

How do they do it?

How do you insert a spoiler?

Spoiler
Click on the yellow button in the menu line when you type in the Body of the Message.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

How do they do it?

@gtx305 wrote:

You dont have to have 5 star rating to be a top rated seller. You can also still multiple have negs / neutrals and be top rated. I was, and am. Top rating is a percentage of neuts/negs/defects against positive feedback. They probably have a thousand positive feedback for 32, 74, 17 neuts/negs. But i think you probably know that (?).. 

And yes, Id buy from them - i look at the amount of negs and neutrals against how many positives theyve received. If the amount of negs/neutrals is low compared to their postives, no problem. Even if they have 100 negs. Its all relative.

I agree with you that all numbers are relative but would also like to point out that these companies are all ISO certified and, supposedly, compliant.

This would indciate that they should in fact have the systems in place to keep their neg/neut levels at a low level we should envy.

Sadly this is not the case judging by their feedback numbers.

Every neg or neut that is racked up is one more buyer less likely to engage with eBay in future.

On the figure quoted, that's 126 disaffected buyers (over what period I do not know).

There is another large seller in my category that does number like that every month!

Even if only 10% are permanently discouraged that would still be around 150 buyers a year that won't come back.

Multiply that figure by the number of sellers that see these figure as acceptable and you'll be running into the thousands.

eBay would have to gain a terrific horde of new customers p.a. to show a nett gain or even break even.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

How do they do it?

Spoiler
Ooohhhhhh.. lol  ty 🙂 never noticed that before!
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

How do they do it?

@dazzledayz wrote:

@gtx305 wrote:

I agree with you that all numbers are relative but would also like to point out that these companies are all ISO certified and, supposedly, compliant.

This would indciate that they should in fact have the systems in place to keep their neg/neut levels at a low level we should envy.

Sadly this is not the case judging by their feedback numbers.

Every neg or neut that is racked up is one more buyer less likely to engage with eBay in future.

On the figure quoted, that's 126 disaffected buyers (over what period I do not know).

There is another large seller in my category that does number like that every month!

Even if only 10% are permanently discouraged that would still be around 150 buyers a year that won't come back.

Multiply that figure by the number of sellers that see these figure as acceptable and you'll be running into the thousands.

eBay would have to gain a terrific horde of new customers p.a. to show a nett gain or even break even.

You're assuming all the less than positive feedback is warranted. As a seller, I'm sure you already know this is not necessarily true.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply