How do you contact ebay to dispute neg feed back

I sold an item( drill lathe) which I arranged with the buyer that I would deliver to an adress in adelaide when I was there on17th october called at the adress twice no one home, this is 90 plus kms from me but only asked 5 bucks for delivery as I would be in the area.Tonight I send him a message to say I would try again on 31st oct no charge, he gets iffy and calls me a dream killer and when I check he had already left neg feedback on oct 9th. His messages are a bit out there and he only joined ebay a month before. I have worked hard to keep my 100 percent by working with people,What would you do, Oh he tells me forget the lathe give it to vinnies don't keep it etc But I will deliver this item to his sisters adress as agreed and get a receipt from her that I have done this All this stuffing around over a 10 dollar sale

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Did they pay?

If not then open a dispute for non payment and when it is closed as unpaid you can get the feedback removed.

If they have paid then call ebay and ask them to read the messages between you and see if that will get it removed.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

He paid by paypal as he was in victoria but his sister was in modbury and as I have family there I was happy to do a drop off I would like ebay to read the messages he has sent me  I won't put up his personal issues here. But the neg fback was 9 days before agreed delivery date

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The neg does not say anything about the transaction and that is what feedback is for so with what has been left if you call them then they may remove it as malicious feedback.

Nothing to lose by trying.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks will try I was very dissapointed tried to help someone and got burned when you say call them There is a way to ring and make contact or just a figure of speach and I need to email them  I appreciate your time and effort in helping me thank you

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@bildit58 wrote:

He paid by paypal as he was in victoria but his sister was in modbury and as I have family there I was happy to do a drop off I would like ebay to read the messages he has sent me  I won't put up his personal issues here. But the neg fback was 9 days before agreed delivery date

If you have documentary evidence by way of eBay email that the neg was left 9 days prior to the agreed upon delivery date, if you provide it to eBay there should be no trouble getting eBay to remove the negative feedback upon request.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Good luck with that contacted Ebay to have a negative removed as buyer threated to leave negative feedback if we did not pay his import taxes, which as we state on our listings and is in the Ebay rules we are not responsible for, 2 days and nothing yet from Ebay.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Did you ring them though? What I meant is that their phone number can be found under "Customer Support" as well, not just their email address. For some strange reason, they just don't like people giving it out in the forums (perhaps because they want you to use the special one-time code they provide before you call).
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

cq - regarding giving out CS number you wrote (perhaps because they want you to use the special one-time code they provide before you call). and that would be exactly why. When I have called customer support they have been able to quickly find out my details without asking a heap of questions as they have already identified me and the nature of my enquiry via the code.

Can you imagine the quantity of issues that must occur on this massive online shopping mecca?  Customer support must be flat out dealing with problems!

At the risk reading too many of these issues and feeling a little demoralised, I have found these forums to be a great place for mutual support and learning.  I, for one, am l learning a lot from other sellers.

Thanks to everyone who contributes and helps solve others' issues with constructive suggestions. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks all that have replied will give it a go

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply