How do you know you have been paid buy a customer now that Paypal is out of the picture?

Before hand, a customer would pay via Paypal, I'd hear the kaching on my phone and I could go and look in Paypal and the money was there. So I know I've definitely been paid.

But now, I hear the kaching and I've no idea if I've actually been paid. As in money has gone to some staging account within eBay for them to dribble out to me over days.

Is there a way of finding out whether the funds have actually been received? Other than waiting a few days and reconciling what is in the bank account, that has been transferred by eBay.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How do you know you have been paid buy a customer now that Paypal is out of the picture?

You should get an  email from ebay

Great news – your item sold. Here's your next step.

Quick handling times can make a difference to your seller

Which means you have to post the item within your handling time;   regardless of when you actually get the money from ebay.

Not to be confused with the ebay email

Your item sold. Here's your next step.

Your buyer hasn't paid yet, so hold onto the item

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: How do you know you have been paid buy a customer now that Paypal is out of the picture?

Actually, meaning no offence but this question has been asked many times on ebay -  some sellers just can't get their head around managed payments.

It doesn't matter that you can't see the money in your own account yet - if ebay says it's been paid by the buyer, then you MUST post the item.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

You should get an  email from ebay

Great news – your item sold. Here's your next step.

Quick handling times can make a difference to your seller

Which means you have to post the item within your handling time;   regardless of when you actually get the money from ebay.

Not to be confused with the ebay email

Your item sold. Here's your next step.

Your buyer hasn't paid yet, so hold onto the item

Yep, I get those ones. That's all cool. That tells me the item has been sold. But what tells me I have a certain balance that will be transferred to my bank account? Where do I find that information? Or do we just have to have faith that the exact amount customers are paying, minus the eBay fees are being transferred across?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

In Seller Hub - under the Payments tab

and yes, you gotta have faith Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

And eventually, you get an email from ebay "ebay has sent your payment"

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

And eventually, you get an email from ebay "ebay has sent your payment"

I didn't get an email on Tuesday. But I got my money.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply