How do you list multiple items

Just wondering how to list multiple items of the same thing but have varios colours. I've seen other listings with drop down boxes with colour choice and sizes etc...I would like to do the same on my listings....TIA Joolz

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Didn't know that Penny. Thanks for the info.

The OP has listings in vehicle parts and accessories. So that could be it indeed.

How do you find out which categories permit multiple variation listings?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

If you can't find how to get started, you need to look for the bit about variation listings on your "create a listing" page just under Category and above the listing title.  It says "List multiple variations of your item" and there's an arrow before it.  You have to click on the arrow to get the bit where you set up the variations.  It's easy to miss that bit if you don't know where to find it.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Various*
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

It's known as a product with variations.

We have a basic ebay store and we use Selling Manager Pro to create inventory items with variations.

When you are creating your inventory item you can choose either a single item or a product with variations.

When you choose the 2nd option then you can add in the various size/colour choices your item will have.

Once you are done creating your variations you then create a listing template based on this variable inventory item and you then submit the final listing from this new template.

Your listing will appear then with the dropdowns you have mentioned.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Variation listings are not available in all categories, so if you aren't seeing it as an option on your listing page, it may not apply to your product category.  Unfortunately my major product line is in a category that does not allow variations, even though it is perfectly suited to them.  The alternative is to create a different listing for each colour, size etc.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Didn't know that Penny. Thanks for the info.

The OP has listings in vehicle parts and accessories. So that could be it indeed.

How do you find out which categories permit multiple variation listings?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Ah cool. Thanks for that.

I see all our stuff is on the list so that's why we can use variations.

I also see vehicle accessories on the list so I would think the OP should be able to create multi-variation listings.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If you can't find how to get started, you need to look for the bit about variation listings on your "create a listing" page just under Category and above the listing title.  It says "List multiple variations of your item" and there's an arrow before it.  You have to click on the arrow to get the bit where you set up the variations.  It's easy to miss that bit if you don't know where to find it.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I think you can only access that with buy-it-now listings.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply