How does a seller send an invoice with combined postage

Ebay adds postage on all items whether they are pay pal or direct debit

How does one combine postage on lots of small items

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I have in my description for itms to be combined they need to buy but not pay untill I send a combine invoice. Then I manually send an invoice, first changing the postage total so there is no charge for extra items, (or whatever you want to charge) click to recalculate total, then send 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

I have in my description for itms to be combined they need to buy but not pay untill I send a combine invoice. Then I manually send an invoice, first changing the postage total so there is no charge for extra items, (or whatever you want to charge) click to recalculate total, then send 

Don't click to recalculate total - this just reverts it back to the default. Click to view the revised invoice instead before sending .

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

I have the same thing on my listings - and no-one takes any notice. I spend far too much time refunding over-payments...

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@justcruising48 wrote:

It does not work anymore for a lot of ebay accounts and probably for all of them. Now there is no way to click Buy It Now, confirm on the next page and wait or a seller to adjust an invoice. When you click Buy It Now these days you have only one option "Confirm & Pay". If you do not click it you as a buyer have not bought anything at all and there is no invoice to adjust for yyour seller. If you click it you are buying and paying at the same time and youyour seller cannot adjust an invoice after items have been paid for.

The only option left is to use eBay shopping cart as it has "request total" option when a buyer has more than one item in their cart from the same seller and items do not come with ":Free postage". If it is just one item or items comes with Free postage a buyer cannot request total from a seller, the option in the cart will be grey out and unclickable. And you as a seller won't be able to access their shopping cart and do anything to help your buyer to reduce combined postage or offer thenm some discount.

Another walkarounbd is to select Bank deposit instead of paypal after your buyer clicks Buy it Now. Then transaction is considered unfinished until you mark it as Payment received. However even here eBay has done selfdestructive thing and really made it hard for everybody involved in this transaction. Now EBay removes all links to access an invoice for this transaction both in their email(Your item sold") and they remove it  in selling manager for sold items from a dropdown list in there. The only way to change total is through Selling manager and then by going to transaction record for a particular sale. Your buyer won't receive an adjusted invoice though in this case but at least your sales record will show the correct total amount.  If your buyer happy to pay with a bank deposit then you just need to let them know their new total. Not sure what to do though if buyer wants to pay through paypal. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@performance_parts_clearance_centre wrote:

I have the same thing on my listings - and no-one takes any notice. I spend far too much time refunding over-payments...

I know a lot of buyers do not even care to read a short title which clearly states what they are buying and paying for. 

However It is not their fault now as eBay is twisting the whole process under their "we want to stop unpaid cases" reason. Now buyers are forced to pay after they click buy it now no matter if an item is set with imediate payment required or not.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Still works for me, as I did a combined last week. I still combine the invoice before they pay. I was asked about the cart but I do not use the cart because I do not know how it works.(Ok I am behind the times) and asked the customer to buy first and not pay till I combined for the post discount. Has it just changed this week please?  

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

It seems to work for some people and not others. The ability to combine invoices before payment works sometimes for me, but other times it doesn't. It seems to be related very strongly to whether the buyer is using a phone/tablet or a computer. Or perhaps because I have bank deposit among my accepted payment methods? Who knows? This IS ebay after all.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

A lot of sellers now have immediate payment required which means you cannot revise the postage cost.

I too have in my listings that a combined discount may be available and not to pay until they receive a combined invoice. I also say that items paid for individually will be sent individually and that is exactly what I do, they pay for 3 parcels, they get three parcels. I have better things to do with my time than make partial refunds for buyers too dumb to read the listing and I am also not going to risk getting item not received claims because only one of the items can claim the tracking number.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

phorum_junkie* wrote:

A lot of sellers now have immediate payment required which means you cannot revise the postage cost.

Ebay defaulted many accounts to this, you need to go into checkout preferences and make sure the option to allow buyers to use combined checkout is selected. Assuming that also hasn't been removed also. 

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply