How does auto relisting work, in 2020?

I'm at a complete loss trying to understand how the auto-relisting works after 30 days if your item doesn't sell, I've looked extensively through the forum and read lots of posts, though many are years old, I did find a post or two trying to explain it, but I think the rules may have changed in particular the GTC, tried looking up the T&c's on eBay without luck.

Last month some of my items auto relisted, I didn't have any of the "40 free" left, and I didn't get charged a relisting fee. This month some things have auto relisted, I have some of the "40 free" left and the relists are eating into the 40, what's going on there?

I read there are possible ways to avoid an auto relist fee(including eating into the 40), by using the "quick listing tool", is that right? & what is the quick listing tool?, how can I tell if I'm using that or the advanced tool or something else?

I would rather have my items at BIN than auction, any help appreciated,

cheers

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As far as I'm aware, if your items are BIN then they will rollover every month, incurring a listing fee or using a free listing each time.

That is certainly my experience. If you are not getting charged or using your freebies, it could well be the quick listing tool. I've never used it, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Good 'til Cancelled items use up free listings and/or charge insertion when they roll over every month. Auctions (including those with a BIN price attached) still have the 8 free relists for non-business sellers just like before. Only business accounts get shafted with having to pay for all listings when they roll over.

So far I have never had to use the quick listing tool (unless it actually is the quick listing tool!) and I still get the free relists on auctions. The URL for me is always https://bulksell.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList (plus the code after it)
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply