How does cod work?

Hi everyone,

I am new to selling on ebay and I was just wondering how COD works in terms of receiving the payment?

I have an item up for auction along with the postage estimate, I understand how that all works but a buyer has messaged me wondering if I wanted COD? I had to google it to see what it was honestly, that's how new I am. But i'm a bit stuck on how it all works.

If i post the item out to the buyer with the COD method, how do i recieve the payment? Through paypal? Or?

Also, anyone here had an experience with COD? Was it good/bad? Any advice to ensure I don't get scammed?

Thanks,

Rebecca

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How does cod work?

If they really mean Cash On Delivery then know you should not do it, it is not dsafe for either the buyer or the seller.  A lot of people think that COD means the same as cash on pick up which is fine but only if the buyer wishes to pay cash at te time of the pick up.

If you are happy to offer cash on pick up, (you can arrange to meet in a public place if you don't want them to visit your home) then message them asking if this is what they mean and if it is you are happy to comply however you will not send through AP using COD.

If it does end up being a cash on pick up and there is a postage cost recorded on the invoice you need to issue another one with postage set at $0.00 or you will be charged fvfs on the postage.

If they pay and tske away just mark the item as paid on yyour ebay page.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

How does cod work?

C.O.D. means 2 things.

1. Cash on delivery if you are going to deliver the item for the buyer.

2. COD being a service Aust Post offers. They deliver and pick up the cash, then you pick up the cash from Aust Post and pay an expensive fee.

So as stated don't offer it unless you are delivering the item yourself. And make it clear in the listing it is delivery from you only.

Offer C.O.P.U. (cash on pick up) if that is an option you want to provide.

image host
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply