How long can a serial non paying bidder continue as 100% positive on ebay?? Just asking......

This person continually bids, wins auctions and does not pay, no response, no communication. Frustrating for the growing number of sellers who have been slapped in the face by this serial non payer. When will eBay remove this person? 100% positive?? What is going on??

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

How long can a serial non paying bidder continue as 100% positive on ebay?? Just asking......

Buyers can only have 100% positive feedback so put them on your blocked list and when they receive 2 strikes then they won't be able to bid again.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

If sellers complete unpaid item cases and put blocks in place then the member won't be able to bid or buy.

Each unpaid item case adds a strike to their account and 2 or more strikes sees them blocked from sellers with blocks set.

To set blocks select the account tab then site prefs, buyer req.

Show n edit then set blocks and save.

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Yes I agree they have to be blocked, which I have done.

But  what I see is so many other sellers being deceived by this person and I have observed that it has been happening continually sometimes a couple of times a day over at least the the past 4 weeks. There are dozens of strong negative comments by sellers in the positive feedbacks. 

It's not always easy for a seller to check a buyer out, because most of the sales are BINs and they can purchase without our knowledge. (small seller here)

Hence my question how many times can a buyer do this and not be removed from eBay??  Wouldn't it be obvious this person is a time waster and is breaking eBay rules? 

Why aren't the alarm bells ringing. Why is there no action taken by eBay to stop this, or do we all have to report this buyer ?

Very frustrating when I see this happening over and over. I really feel for sellers who have lost multiple sales to this person. 

Shirley

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice, I have blocked them and put in an unpaid claim, so there's 1 strike. I hope there are more, and soon.

Cheers

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Since coming on these boards I have learned the significance of opening a "non-payment item" for EVERY item not paid rather than crying out in frustration. Even the T&Cs don't explain the reality of it. I have opened 4 in the last month (3 items for the same buyer). And I see this now as a responsibility for ALL sellers to open NPIs for the sake of all other sellers. So for example as a result of me opening these cases I HOPE the buyer has 3 strikes against them ........ as a result they will be unable to buy/bid from those sellers who have the appropriate blocks set. That's how it has to work ....... I believe.

Unfortunately non-payment is happening so frequently now, it is vital we all follow through. I've been selling and buying sporadically since 2006. Never had difficult or non-payers till the last year, so have to be always following through.

And I'm not sure, but it seems strikes against a buyer can be limitless ....... sellers MUST have blocks I place instead.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

A buyer can only do this 2 times then they're out but only if sellers have opened cases against them and then blocked them.

If you don't open these unpaid cases for the buyer to receive strikes then they will keep doing it.

And sellers who give false postive feedback will themselves be sanctioned and their feedback will eventually be removed.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Also since coming on these boards I have increased the time period of blocks. I have changed it to prevent buyers from bidding/buying who have had 2 strikes in the last 12 months !!!
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

A buyer can only do this 2 times then they're out but only if sellers have opened cases against them and then blocked them.

If you don't open these unpaid cases for the buyer to receive strikes then they will keep doing it.

And sellers who give false postive feedback will themselves be sanctioned and their feedback will eventually be removed.

Almost - "then they should be automatically blocked by those who have blocks set".

And sellers who give false postive feedback will themselves be sanctioned and their feedback will eventually be removed. IF the buyer the feedback is to complains.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

There are dozens of strong negative comments by sellers in the positive feedbacks. 

That is the problem, if a seller completes the unpaid item dispute then neither side is able to leave feedback so these numpties have more than likely chosen to breach ebay feedback policy rather than get their fees back and give the buyer a strike leaving them free to stuff other sellers around.

Obviously leaving false pos feedback is totally ineffective as it did not stop them buying from you, had those sellers gone through the dispute process and you had your buyer preferences in place that would not have happened.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply