How long do MANUALLY removed defects take to show? -

Since Wednesday I have wasted about 4 hours trying to get a simple 'Postage time defect' removed which clearly meets the criteria. After 3-4 emails the rep tried to tell me there is no such policy for that removal and kept ignoring the link I provided which clearly states otherwise.

Finally I request a call back on Friday and get someone who actually seems 'all there'. After she 'reviews' the transaction number / date buyer paid / date uploaded tracking / tracking number she finally takes me off hold and tells me "I'm pleased to tell you sir I will be removing this defect". Assures me it will be removed within 24-48 hours. Gives me a reference number etc. 

Of course more then 48 hours the defect still shows in the dashboard. I request a call back today and get some kid who seemed to have no idea what he was saying, kept putting me on hold to get answers from another person most likely. Then he says it will take about a week to show since it was 'manually' removed. I'm not convinced it has actually been removed on there end. 

The seller dashboard is supposedly updated every 24-48 hours isn't it?.

Does anyone that has had defect(s) manually removed know how long it takes to be ACTUALLY removed + reflect in the seller dashboard?

"We'll automatically remove low (1-star) DSRs for Postage time when you offer 0-1 business day handling time and upload valid postage tracking information within one business day of receiving cleared payment."

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/ebay-for-business/buyer-seller-protection

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

The removal should be showing in your dashboard within 24 hours, however it does take a week to be reflected in your defect report page.

I will add though that the part of the policy you have quoted does not reflect the manual procedure. That is pertaining to the automatic system that eBay have in place for when that criteria is met.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I've done this twice, had 2 defects removed.  For me it happened instantly, I was on the phone to the rep, she said I have manually removed it and if you refresh your screen now you should see it gone - I did, and it was.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

^ Thanks for both of your replies, appreicate it. 

So do you think the rep is full of rubbish when they claim to have removed it?. 

Should I call back or continue to wait?. 

I've read some other threads which seem to indicate it takes 4-5 phone calls + demanding to speak to a supervisor 

before they seem to remove them. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

They do an update once a week - I think it is on a Wednesday so I would wait until then to see if has been removed.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I don't see why it takes time to show, theoretically if they delete it then it's gone - at least that is what happened when I had mine taken off.  These were 2 separate calls too, although with the same lady as I asked specifically to speak to her as the transactions were from the same buyer but on different occasions.  She also went away and had a "supervisor" approve it, this person did and then she said I have authority to remove it and she took a few seconds and said it is gone now, refresh your screen and you will see it ('cos I wasn't hanging up until it was gone 🙂 )

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Kylie - what were you defects for. Did they relate to non positive feedback?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

they related to item not as described - one was positive feedback but 1 star, the other was neutral feedback and also 1 star - 2 sep transactions on different days but same buyer.  The Wednesday update thing I thought was just for automatically removed defects - manual ones should be instant surely?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Who knows with ebay how it is supposed to work - nothing ever seems to be consistent.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Looks like I will be wasting another 4+ hours of my life this week then!

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply