How long is someone a ‘new seller’?

Hello! 

Im wondering how long someone is classed as a new seller for? Is this a certain amount of sales?
ive only just recently started selling items and last night had the payout initiated for the first item I sent which was a few weeks ago now. Since then I’ve sold around 9 or 10 items and have approx $500 on hold. 
How many items do you need to sell before your funds are released when a buyer pays and not need to wait the 2 or 3 weeks?

Im paying so much money in shipping and not getting anything back yet. 

Just to add I have uploaded tracking to every sale and all items have been sent within the timeframe.  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

imastawka
Honored Contributor

In order not to be considered a new or infrequent seller, you have to sell on a regular basis. Every time you take a break, eBay will consider you a new or infrequent seller again, even if you have been selling for many years.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for the reply! Have you any idea of their meaning of frequent seller though?

How long would  one have to be selling for to be considered a regular seller? 

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you. I’ve previously read through this but it doesn’t answer my question. I understand the reason for the hold, I’m just wondering at what point is someone no longer considered a new seller. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I'd nearly say about three months - of no selling activity.

If you have continual listings - probably OK.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I would think 90 days too

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply