How many refunds have you processed this month due to delays?

I'm probably around 100 refunds at the moment, most of them international to the UK and US. I have changed my international postage method to Seamail to give myself more time (increase ETA to 2 month), but its probably too late. I'm going to lose out more since I do not have tracking for any of them. Smiley LOL

I do wish eBay and AUSTRALIA POST give customers a much more accurate ETA for their orders because, pretty much I'm getting screwed here with international orders. Australian ones are fine and acceptable.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

With the problems with all international post at the moment no-one, Ebay or Australia post included, can give anywhere near accurate estimations on delivery times. A lot, or even most, sellers have stopped offering international post until things get better. Seamail is just asking for negs so I would suggest you stop selling overseas too for now or you may get in trouble, even have your account suspended by getting too many negs.

I am surprised that anyone, let alone a seller, still has no idea of the freight problems around the world and delays.

Latest reply

As a buyer I'm not taking any action until 28 days past the final ETA, and even then I'm not asking eBay to step in until I absolutely have to. So far all but one of my parcels have arrived, albeit usually 4 to 6 weeks past the ETA. (even within Australia).

But as maranock has said, you are asking for trouble posting internationally because I suspect that the majority of customers will not be as lenient as I am.

I need to protect myself in these challenging times, but since Paypal only require proof of posting then the eBay MBG is my only option. (I don't use credit cards so that option's out).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

International post has been spiralling out of control for months now and if it's taken you this long to work it out with +100 INR's then somethings wrong... you've missed the 'boat' and could pay dearly. There is still months to play out with mail delays. Time to cut your losses and locals only for time being.

(In 10 years I could count my INR's on one hand).
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

there isn't a chance i'd be selling anything internationally right now. you're just asking for trouble - even with seamail in my opinion. 

express post and regular post items have even been taking a lot more time than usual. i've been making buyers aware of the fact as soon as they purchase to try and avoid any problems further down the line and have only experienced people being very understanding. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@lm-entertainment wrote:

... i've been making buyers aware of the fact as soon as they purchase to try and avoid any problems further down the line and have only experienced people being very understanding. 

I've had some sold items that were delivered very late receive very positive feedback by doing exactly this. Most buyers are more than reasonable if you warn them at the start that there could be shipping delays and that you'll chase up anything overdue if so.

Never let a problem go to waste - treat it as an opportunity to give your buyer fantastic service!

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

So far only one eBay refund request a couple of weeks ago and this seemed to be because it was a birthday gift which didn't arrive in time.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply