How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian sellers with stock in sydney /darwin/ challora ETC

not only is it against ebays rules ( not that Ebay seems to care as there are thousands of them doing it) some have 800+ negative feedback within a year not only do they under cut the true AUSSIE seller because our beloved aus post will deliver their 500gm bag for 80 cents anywhere in australia yet we have to pay $6 to $8.50 for 500grm bag BUT THE BIG THING IS They suck millions of dollars a day out of australia via pay pal that never gets to recircculate within our economy no tax paid  so if anyone that reads this has connections within goverment or any one that can bring the hammer down on this dishonest unsafe ( as most of their products dont comply with our electrical certs or wels certs ) practice  and lets make enough noise that we bring this to ebays attention and get some action on this where is all that aussie patriotic pride that this country is renowned for ?????

Regards from FEELING RIPPED OFF

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

How many sellers have had a gut full of chinese sellers lying about being australian seller

Many.................going by the number of discussion threads started on this topic.

It's disgraceful and makes no business sense on eBay's behalf to not curb the practice.

IMO one of the greatest reasons why buyers leave being frustrated in searching.

image host
Message 2 of 66
Latest reply

Maybe they should introduce a certified aus seller section were the sellers show undisputable proof that they are in aus and ship from aus and this can be used by buyers to filter sellers

Message 3 of 66
Latest reply

Or have Chinese accounts only be able to register on eBay China.

That would solve the problem on all the eBay sites around the globe.

image host
Message 4 of 66
Latest reply

I agree with you - it is so frustrating to be searching for a particular item and even supposedly restricting it to Australia only, it still doesn't cut out the flood of asian sellers. And I also agree it is turning away so many potential buyers, which affects the truly Aussie based ones. However, ebay will do NOTHING about it, as these sellers are such a goldmine for ebay's coffers.

Message 5 of 66
Latest reply

it is called drop shipping and it is not illegal to do.

a seller is based in australia and his supplier/wholeseller is based in china.

the seller in australia notifys his wholeseller in china and they ship direct to the sellers buyer here in australia.

nothing illegal with this practise  

Message 6 of 66
Latest reply

@bloodlust_03 wrote:

a seller is based in australia and his supplier/wholeseller is based in china.

the seller in australia notifys his wholeseller in china and they ship direct to the sellers buyer here in australia.

nothing illegal with this practise  

Except where the seller is registered in China but pretends to have their items in Australia, that is an eBay policy violation (which they'll do nothing about), because they are not drop-shipping at all, they are fraudulently misrepresenting an item location.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 66
Latest reply

Incorrect. It's not drop shipping. And it IS against the rules.

This thread is referring to Chinese sellers misrepresenting location to manipulate searches when buyers expect delivery locally within a certain time frame.

Genuine drop shippers state their item location as China or whichever country the item is dispatched from making it possible for buyers to make an informed decision.

image host
Message 8 of 66
Latest reply

It may not be illegal but it is against Ebay policy and I too and so sick of it. I was once tricked when buying my partners birthday present. I deliberately looked for Aussie sellers because I was buying a camera. Not only did it arrive late but it made me look like a cheapskate.
As a plant seller I’m also sick of Asian listings with photoshopped plant photos, seriously a blue maple tree bonsai seeds, vivid green rose seeds, succulent seeds but they used a photo of a pinguicula? And what’s more annoying, people are dumb enough to buy them! Listings are supposed to have pictures of the actual product, just another Ebay policy that China doesnt give a sh*t about and Ebay does nothing to control
Message 9 of 66
Latest reply

The items will all have an estimated shipping time. If you see it says it will take a minimum of a couple of weeks, it will be sent from overseas (usually China). Local sellers will have a few days shipping time. If you buy something and it says "Item location -Sydney" , and shipping 3-6 days, when the 6 days is up, start an "item not received" claim (after contacting the seller, and dismissing their "please confirm shipping address/ check your local post office/Maybe your dog ate it "stalling excuses), and keep at them. I bought something trivial once, supposed to be local, never got here in the shipping time (I smelled a rat),got refunded, item arrived 6 months later!

Message 10 of 66
Latest reply